• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rox risers 2" install

NCer

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys, a question:
Ready to install the risers. When I tug up on every line to check the play - seems taht everything has some, EXCEPT for the brake line..
It feels that something is hiolding it somewhere inside, around the headlight level. It just does not move.

Can anyone help please?

TIA!

Brake hose hooked to triple tree in upper with wire ring, and lower with the clamp. The bolt on this clamp can be loosen. Loosen it, turn the clip that is connected upward, this gives you over a 1/2" more room. Also, can pull line though this portion of clamp a little if needed, but be careful. I waited until after I had the risers installed before I reattached the bolt and clip on the lower triple tree.

Last edited:
OK... all done!
I wound up working the brake cable out of the lower retainer (the part of the cable that has that thicker part , that is glued onto it). Then carefully split that thick part in two and removed it completely. Rerouted the brake cable a bit and all seems well. Full left to right bar movement and the brake cable is just a bit strained, but very little.

Thank you all for advice :)

Did you instal your risers rotated back or just straight up? I have mine rotated back and released the cables mentioned above to get enough slack.

Did you instal your risers rotated back or just straight up? I have mine rotated back and released the cables mentioned above to get enough slack.

Rotated towards me a little. Have to test ride it and then adjust "to taste" :)

BTW, called Rox today asking for the torque spec on the bolts. They suggested about 16 pounds.

Brake hose hooked to triple tree in upper with wire ring, and lower with the clamp. The bolt on this clamp can be loosen. Loosen it, turn the clip that is connected upward, this gives you over a 1/2" more room. Also, can pull line though this portion of clamp a little if needed, but be careful. I waited until after I had the risers installed before I reattached the bolt and clip on the lower triple tree.

I'm installing mine now, I loosened this clamp and feel the brake line is a little tight still. I can't find the wire ring and not sure what the triple tree is.

I'm installing mine now, I loosened this clamp and feel the brake line is a little tight still. I can't find the wire ring and not sure what the triple tree is.

Triple tree is just another name for triple clamp (s) the two large metal V shaped things that the front forks get slid through and clamped into. Upper triple clamp can be called handlebar bridge or top bridge as well. Lower triple clamp is usually just "lower"

Any bracket you loosen or undo that the front brake line goes through, should have this "ring" or "hook" that holds the line loosely in place, as the bracket and ring are one and the same piece. Usually there are two, one bolted to the upper triple clamp just under the handlebars, and the other roughly in the middle front of the lower triple clamp, in between the forks, above the front fender.

Back