• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kentucky trip

Headed to Kentucky and maybe West Virginia. Mike and I are going to explore twisted routes and camp as we go, probably 4,000 miles for me. Day one was 500 miles to Nashville. New First Gear Katmandu suit did great in the rain, new Teknic Chicane waterproof street boots kept my feet dry for the first time ever. More to come this week.
sunset after gas outside Alton Missouri

Last edited:
We danced between the raindrops all day. Light showers at campground before pulling out. Five minute heavy downpour on the way in to Louisville. Mikes oil changed at Commonwealth Ducati, they have two glorious showroom floors full of Ducati, MV Augusta, KTM, Triumph lust !!
Nice backroad route back to camp. No good pics from me.
Tomorrow we ride East to explore any road that looks good to us !

and it looks like the oem Metzlers are very toasty at 3,700 miles, I need new tires before heading back. :mad:
Search function didn't show any milage numbers for factory tires.

Tires are done before 4k miles?! Umm...have you been off road a lot or something? That seems very odd. I'm over 14k and my front still has a thousand or more in it. Rear came off at 8,000, more for being squared off than actually being out of tread.

I picked up a Michelin Pilot Power today, not my preference but it's all they had that fit

270 miles in the afternoon and back to the motel in Charleston
Local new super rider Jan (?) showed us the great route

Summersville reservoir full of boats and Jet Skis

Hawks nest and New River Gorge

Kanawha Falls

Heading Southwest tomorrow working our way back to Tennessee

Back