• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Exaust louder on startup then gets quiet?

nc splitter

Reaction score
Visit site
When i first start her up, it sounds a little throaty for 2 or 3 seconds then gets quieter. Is there some kind of tuning valve on the exhaust? Im thinking of putting a pipe on so people can here me coming down through the lanes...

sounds like the bike is cold and thus the idle is higher. After it warms up the idle settles down. Maybe that's why???

Ken

Properly, automatic choke kicking in at startup then shutting off. As for loud exhaust. Think about it, you only hear it when your behind it, not before it gets there.

I'm a stealth kinda guy,it's plenty loud in stock form for me !!hehehe.
I have found that with my Givi bags it's louder when I let out the clutch upto about 3,000 rpms than gets quite again.I think it's the sound bouncing off the bottom of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine does this too. I do not think it is the exhaust though. Sounds like the throttle body opens itself slightly at startup, then closes. It's an intake growl, not an exhaust growl.

I wish it was possible to keep that sound. Haha

I was actually surprised (positively) with the stock exhaust... nut will change to LV One at some point anyway... ;)

mine does this also timing is advanced for startup thus making the exhaust loader once motor is running timing goes down and becomes quite. I have a danmotto slip on pipe and muffler gave the bike a nice sound not loud enough to bother my neighbors.
No need to change any map the engine runs off a o2 sensor and adjusts its mix of air and fuel. I also added a k&n filter between the 2 I did pick up a little more power and the bike sounds awesome.

Back