• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

HIghway peg clamp

Mandalorian

Reaction score
Visit site
Just been perusing the forum for highway peg info. Seems like the Kury 1.35 will fit on the frame's 1 3/8 tubing. Is that correct. Its an older posting. It shows that clamp with Kury offset unit as fitting nicely. Thoughts ?

I've bought two different sets of pegs and three different kinds of clamps. None of them worked. I've given up on trying to make highway pegs for the NC700x and am just waiting until someone markets something made the for the 1.5" diameter tubing.
I'm hoping HondaPro (on this board) will make something.

To be more accurate, I can find pegs that fit, but they're $100 plus... for pegs? No, I'll wait.

I've bought two different sets of pegs and three different kinds of clamps. None of them worked. I've given up on trying to make highway pegs for the NC700x and am just waiting until someone markets something made the for the 1.5" diameter tubing.
I'm hoping HondaPro (on this board) will make something.

To be more accurate, I can find pegs that fit, but they're $100 plus... for pegs? No, I'll wait.

You didn't like my suggestion of taking the bits you've already bought to somebody with a welder?

I bought a set of these andd they fit perfectly. Offset Highway Pegs | Foot Controls | Küryakyn
They were quite a bit more than I ever expected to spend ($100) but they are so adjustable they lured me in.

You can spin the clam in almost any configuration you want which is great, you can put the pegs where you want within the radius of the clamps adjustablity.

I'd post a picture but I am at work right now and with the tropical storm moving through I didn't ride the bike tonight. I can post one later if you'd like.

You didn't like my suggestion of taking the bits you've already bought to somebody with a welder?

Mike, yes. I remember your suggestion every time I see the un-used pegs on the patio. I don't know any welders though, but I am grateful for the advice.

I bought a set of these andd they fit perfectly. Offset Highway Pegs | Foot Controls | Küryakyn
They were quite a bit more than I ever expected to spend ($100) but they are so adjustable they lured me in.

You can spin the clam in almost any configuration you want which is great, you can put the pegs where you want within the radius of the clamps adjustablity.

I'd post a picture but I am at work right now and with the tropical storm moving through I didn't ride the bike tonight. I can post one later if you'd like.

I would love to see a pic. Be interesting to see where you mounted them.

Mike, yes. I remember your suggestion every time I see the un-used pegs on the patio. I don't know any welders though, but I am grateful for the advice.

Call your local muffler shop or auto mechanic. If there is a vo-tech or agriculture program at your local high school or community college a few bucks slipped their way would likely fix you up as well.

I would love to see a pic. Be interesting to see where you mounted them.

byjydy3y.jpg
uhuba6ub.jpg

It's a rainy day here so these aren't the best pics

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have always had a welder ( seems like I was born with one ) so sometimes I forget that not everybody has one !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't want to spend a lot on highway pegs! I have already put bags, luggage rack, and a windshield on. SOLUTION: bought cheapo pegs from J. C. Whitney. $18. Sku:352477, pn 171300.
They were too small to fit the 1.4" down tube. Shimmed them open about .435". Bought an $18 step drill from Harbor freight that has max diameter of 1 3/8". Clamped the Shimmed bracket securely and opened up the hole with the the step drill in the hand drill. Smoothed the I'D with a file, used 1 1/2" socket screws to replace the shorter screws that came with the pegs, and done! On bike and they work great ! $36. Took 1/2 hour except for going to home depot.

Welcome to the gang, Hammer :)

A lot of folks here have proven that a little ingenuity and some perseverance can bring about great results, without breaking the bank. :cool:

Didn't want to spend a lot on highway pegs! I have already put bags, luggage rack, and a windshield on. SOLUTION: bought cheapo pegs from J. C. Whitney. $18. Sku:352477, pn 171300.
They were too small to fit the 1.4" down tube. Shimmed them open about .435". Bought an $18 step drill from Harbor freight that has max diameter of 1 3/8". Clamped the Shimmed bracket securely and opened up the hole with the the step drill in the hand drill. Smoothed the I'D with a file, used 1 1/2" socket screws to replace the shorter screws that came with the pegs, and done! On bike and they work great ! $36. Took 1/2 hour except for going to home depot.

I've been eyeing those pegs because they will work on the engine guards and the price is right. I just wish they came in black! Time to research the best way to paint chromed parts.......

Welcome Hammer (that's my nick name for my pastor), glad you're here.
You'll soon hear "Pictures, or it didn't happen" :D
Speaking for myself, I'm visual kind of guy.

Back