• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Miles on your DCT please... (not the MPG!)

wozza

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering about what sort of mileage some of you guys have reached on bikes with DCT.
I've only got around 1600 on mine which so far has been totally faultless ( as it should be), but I'm interested to see if there's any bikes out there that have done some decent mileage...:)

Just parked it in the garage with 2998 on the odometer. No problems, oil and both oil filters changed at 600 mile service. I'd easily hit 500+ a week if nature could decide what season it wants to be in.

Bought mine as an ex demonstrator three months ago and done over 7000 miles so total mileage now 9000. My commute is 112 miles a day.
Gearbox sensor went at about 4000 miles but done under warranty with no problems. Took two weeks to get Honda to agree and local shop to actually fix though.
Other than that no problems.

I don't have a dct so can't say.i do know that gas went up to 3.99 and glad i have a nc.have had it for 4 months and never checked what kind of mileage im getting.i just filled up yesterday and i put one of the gas tracker apps on my phone so i will be.checking it soon.maybe more dct owners will chime in to help you out.

just over 1300 miles.and averaging over 70 mpg to;)

ooooops wrong just checked the clock 14951 miles.

Last edited:
Bought mine as an ex demonstrator three months ago and done over 7000 miles so total mileage now 9000. My commute is 112 miles a day.
Gearbox sensor went at about 4000 miles but done under warranty with no problems. Took two weeks to get Honda to agree and local shop to actually fix though.
Other than that no problems.

That's interesting. I wonder if you had to pay for the sensor, how much it would have cost and what is involved in it's replacement? (engine strip etc)

I've only done about 1,600km/1,000 miles since I picked mine up at Easter. So far it's functioned fine. There are about ten sensors and a variety of solenoids, valves and motors so there will be potential for things going wrong - only time will tell just how robust they are. Need to put on a couple of hundred thousand km to get a good idea of the reliability.

Apparently the sensor was £110 and easy to change. According to the shop it takes time to sort as Honda kept asking them to try stuff as they're still gathering data on the DCT.

Just over 3000 miles now and only routine maintenance.

Before adding Givi Trekker top and side cases I hit 70+ mpg the first couple tankfuls. Since then I have averaged 64 mpg in my daily commute of 30 miles.

I am on my way back from a trip to New Orleans and fully loaded down I am still getting 60+ mpg except my first day heading south through Kansas. Stiff head wind and only got 51. The bike has been flawless and I have had my fair share of bad weather and other surprises on this trip including pouring rain, fog, brief hail storm, streams crossing the road and just missing one little Bambi - and all of that was just on the AR7 from Harrison to Hot Springs last weekend on the way to NO. When I make it back home I will post a trip report with what appear to be pictures of Arkansas.

Just over 3000 miles now and only routine maintenance.

Before adding Givi Trekker top and side cases I hit 70+ mpg the first couple tankfuls. Since then I have averaged 64 mpg in my daily commute of 30 miles.

I am on my way back from a trip to New Orleans and fully loaded down I am still getting 60+ mpg except my first day heading south through Kansas. Stiff head wind and only got 51. The bike has been flawless and I have had my fair share of bad weather and other surprises on this trip including pouring rain, fog, brief hail storm, streams crossing the road and just missing one little Bambi - and all of that was just on the AR7 from Harrison to Hot Springs last weekend on the way to NO. When I make it back home I will post a trip report with what appear to be pictures of Arkansas.

Glad you missed the tornados last weekend. AR7 is great when the weather is good.

I rode only 2500 km-s in 2 month, used 84 liters of fuel, that is an 3.4 liter/100 km average.
I don't know, what mpg conversion do you use ( UK gallon, or US? )

The DCT works fine, no problems at all!

I have about 6000 miles on mine. The bike has performed flawlessly. I am normally in S mode and average 70 mpg.

Back