• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is there a cure?

Chestnut

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
At some point while I was traipsing about the countryside my dad asked if I'd been turned into a touring junkie yet. He's the 'let's ride to Vegas for lunch' type (328 miles each way). I told him I wasn't sure yet.
I've been back a week now, and I am -dying- to go somewhere. This just won't do. I don't have another vacation until August, and will be spending it 3,000 miles away from my bike. My weekends will be consumed by prepping our house for sale for the foreseeable future. I may start planning my Alaska trip just to get a fix. Then scrap it and plan it from the beginning...
How do you other addicts deal between trips?

I ride somewhere everyday.even if its only to work or a half day ride.the days i don't ride i am told i turn into a grouch .

This good addiction will never leave. Once it is in your blood, it is there for life.

Once again the old saying “Ride to live, and Live to Ride”

SkinnyOldMan.jpg

Good Riding !!

Just Ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
sounds like you and I are near the same location if vegas is 328 miles away.
I'm game for lunch in sin city if you are... IN-N-OUT? I'll buy the burgers!

God I wish I could make time for a Vegas run. I'll be lucky to get in a quickie Julian loop this weekend. I rode to work (50mi) this morning and when I got there I couldn't believe I was getting off the bike on such a gorgeous morning.

First step to curing an addiction is admitting you have a problem. I doubt many of us, if any for that matter will admit that the love for riding is a problem needing a cure.:D:cool:

Like you said, planning the next one is a good way to pass the time. I also like to look at pics & videos of previous trips.
If I see a rider with out-of-state plates, I head right up to 'em and start chatting about their ride and share some of my
experiences. Likewise, its nice to have fellow riders come say hello to me when i'm on the road far from home.

Going to Alaska in July. I'm already talking to Happy about Europe for next summer. Going to ROT rally tomorrow. World's largest Motorcycle Parade. Rot goal this year is 11,000 Motorcycles and will be over 220,000 spectators along the route. Count Danny with the entire Count TV crew will be there.

Last year parade video: ROT Rally 2012 Parade 6-8-2012 part 3 - YouTube

Back