• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Isle of Man TT - You gotta have some guts to do this!!

wozza

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just wanted to show you what sort of racing is happening in the Isle of Man this week as it's the 2013 Isle of Man TT
Hope this comes out okay as I'm not sure how to post correctly.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10200192565674827" width="400" height="224" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Last edited:
Nothing to it Wozza ;)

I have been watching coverage most evenings and really enjoying it

I actually got to meet a fellow from Great Britain this week by accident who had raced the Isle of Man. I met him at the Sam Houston Monument in Huntsville, Texas. He was 88 years old and had to use a walking stick to get around. He told me about his crash at in the race that had put him to using the walking stick. This fellow had a real love for the sport. I set there parked in a no parking zone for about an hour just listening to his adventures. This race is surreal.

Road racing certainly makes circuit racing look tame. I remember one of the greatest road racers of all time Joey Dunlop saying the reason that he didn't do so well on circuits was because he couldn't see both kerbs

It's great! I notice that I am very tense watching the races there...:eek:

Because soccer or football requires only ONE BALL.

279353.jpg

I was excited to see that Velocity channel is showing coverage all this week. I always wanted to go to the races, but it looks like video coverage is about as close as I will get. I had a friend that was from IOM, and while we played the superbike TT game on my PS2 he would yell out things about the places we passed in the game ("that's the church that I got married in"..."That the pub where I had my first drink"..."That's the gutter I threw up in after too many drinks"). I think he was trying to distract me so he could win, but I did memorize the track to the point that I can tell every turn they are in from the bike cameras, I know exactly where they are on the track. God I would love to ride that race one time, I would even volunteer to be a side-hack monkey just to get a ride around.

Everytime I watch this video I still think....OMG! How the hell these guys judge the corners at such speed I'll never know.
My brain cell just couldn't cope, so I suppose that what makes these people so special.

Everytime I watch this video I still think....OMG! How the hell these guys judge the corners at such speed I'll never know.
My brain cell just couldn't cope, so I suppose that what makes these people so special.

Try playing the game in the inside the helmet mode, you'll really wonder how they do it. The feel of the speed and the tunnel perspective that they have, combined with the fact it is city street that are rough as heck compared to a track, these men deserve serious respect and they have mine.

My favorite TT video is Joey Dunlop giving a running commentary of the course while watching a video tape of the TT he recorded at speed on his factory Honda RS850R. He does talk about how he remembers the course from "parts I like to parts I don't like" all the while running times that no one else could match. What a lovely sound that V4 made. It is hard to believe it was 30 years ago. RIP Joey

TT 1983 Joey Dunlop Onboard Honda V4 RS850R - YouTube

Amazing!

These are guys with huge balls going really fast... and he's just passing them like you would normally do in a game on easy difficulty. :cool:

"Just going from one bit I like to other bit I like"... priceless! ;)

Hey Wozza ,Do you think our lad from yorkshire (Guy Martin) will do any good this year????

Not the TT, but quite "cute" video:

[video=youtube;H7Qs9GdyfyU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Qs9GdyfyU[/video]

Especially the bit where you could throw a blanket over six riders at the finish line. :cool:

Hey Wozza ,Do you think our lad from yorkshire (Guy Martin) will do any good this year????

Yorkshire?? He's from North Lincolnshire. He seems fated to just miss out. Hasn't had a TT win yet and time might be running out for him to do so.

Back