• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Crush Washer LOW DOWN

When you pull the oil plug carry the crush washer to any auto parts dealer. They usually have full assortment of various sizes. If auto dealer does not have, go to a multiline motorcycle dealership, parts will usually have assortment in stock. If still can not find, have motorcycle dealer order through Tucker Rocky - Bikemaster is manufacture.5.jpg

SmileyGuessSo.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Assuming you're referring to the engine oil drain plug crush washer, I use the one supplied by Honda, found in the parts listing for the NC700X. Does that one not work for you? There's plenty of on-line parts diagrams. procaliber.com or rockymountainatvmc.com are examples.

If you're trying to buy them cheaper than Honda's prices I doubt it's worth the trouble.

Greg

Assuming you're referring to the engine oil drain plug crush washer, I use the one supplied by Honda, found in the parts listing for the NC700X. Does that one not work for you? There's plenty of on-line parts diagrams. procaliber.com or rockymountainatvmc.com are examples.

If you're trying to buy them cheaper than Honda's prices I doubt it's worth the trouble.

Greg

+2 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Honda MSRP on said crush washer is .57 (cents)...... stop by the local dealer and keep him in business for another month.......:eek:

If you go on line looking for the best price you might see many sites have a $2.95 minimum or more on small parts o-rings, washers, nuts bolts etc etc.........

I still think we are missing a great thread opportunity on annealing crush washers ............:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not looking to get them cheap. I just wanted to get some so I'd have them on hand when I change the oil.

found in the parts listing...of course... why didn't I think of that... What is "the parts listing"?????
You presume a level of sophistication I do not have. I own a copy of the service manual and have no idea where to look. I tried the index for "crush" and there was no listing.

I just searched procaliber.com with "nc700x crush washer", and the site doesn't seem to know what that item is.
I am sorry I am not as smart as you, but I'll take the advice of the other folks who advised me to just carry the washer to the auto store and ask for an identical item.
That will work, and it won't make me feel stupid.

Service Honda - Honda Motorcycle Parts

On the above link. Go honda....nc700x etcetera

Item #13 on the oil pan section of the parts catalog.

See above post they are not cheap on line so that helps if not looking for cheap :eek:

Last edited:
Relax Bro.............. Looked it up, under oil pan, oil pump........... #13............ Part # 94109-12000..................
Hope this helps..........

I'm not looking to get them cheap. I just wanted to get some so I'd have them on hand when I change the oil.

found in the parts listing...of course... why didn't I think of that... What is "the parts listing"?????
You presume a level of sophistication I do not have. I own a copy of the service manual and have no idea where to look. I tried the index for "crush" and there was no listing.

I just searched procaliber.com with "nc700x crush washer", and the site doesn't seem to know what that item is.
I am sorry I am not as smart as you, but I'll take the advice of the other folks who advised me to just carry the washer to the auto store and ask for an identical item.
That will work, and it won't make me feel stupid.

Sorry, Strat. Take it easy, man. It's not about anybody being smarter or feeling stupid.

I assumed you knew that illustrated parts listings for about anything (lawn mowers, boats, motorcycles) are readily available online at Websites that sell parts. You usually don't search by part description, but rather chose the year, make, model and go to the pictorial diagrams to identify the part you want. It's basically the old microfiche that the parts counter man would have used, but now it's available to everyone for about anything.

You can find and order any available part for the NC700X without ever having to speak to anyone. It's all self service. To avoid crazy shipping charges for low dollar items, I usually toss in small things like fasteners and washers when I'm placing an order for bigger ticket items.

Greg

Last edited:
For any who care to know, I submit without further editorializing that the oil drain crush washer is 12mm ID x 20mm OD. Pre-installation thickness is 2mm.

For any who care to know, I submit without further editorializing that the oil drain crush washer is 12mm ID x 20mm OD. Pre-installation thickness is 2mm.

Thank you for this data, I was able to grab a 10-pack of washers easily along with filter and oil.

I too only replace them after they've expanded beyond usefulness.

As for annealing them, it's really easy once you get the hang of it. Just put it on top of your stove turn it on and make sure you keep a close eye. You want to heat it to at least 500 degrees. Then let it air cool. It's quick usually only about 5-10 seconds.

After that it'll be nice and crushable again.

At 36,000 miles on the g650gs; I have OCD when it comes to oil changes, do it every 1500-2000 miles on all my engines, I was still using the original crush washer on the g650gs and still no leakage from it and no extra force used to tighten the drain plug (BMW recommends changing crush washer every oil change) and I didnt do any annealing on it.

At 36,000 miles on the g650gs; I have OCD when it comes to oil changes, do it every 1500-2000 miles on all my engines, I was still using the original crush washer on the g650gs and still no leakage from it and no extra force used to tighten the drain plug (BMW recommends changing crush washer every oil change) and I didnt do any annealing on it.

I find this odd. You have OCD on what I would consider wasting money on oil changes (to each his own). But you have no problem risking loosing oil, and possible motor damage, as it drains by a extremely cheap component that is easily replaced every oil change?

Priorities mate!

For the record I use a crush washer 2 or 3 times too. you have managed to use it at least 18 times by your own data.

It is like smoking or an unhealthy diet... It works until it doesn't.

Hard to believe that the advice to change them is the result of deception by the vast worldwide crush washer industry. Kind of like why shampoo instructions say "lather-rinse-repeat". If it doesn't leak when torqued to the factory recommended torque, then there is no downside from using it. Who knows whether that happens on the 1st or the 10th reuse? If someone is tightening it by feel, then all bets are off. If you tighten it to proper torque and it leaks, then what? Crank it some more (bad) or try to replace it without losing your new expensive clean oil?

Back