• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bent brake pedal

kevicon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I bent back my brake pedal to where I think it should be; The pedal seems to be responsive, and rear brake light comes on when i apply pressure. My only concern is I'm trying to make sure its where it is supposed to be. After being bent back is there anything else to be adjusted with the brake?

Basically the bike laid down on its right side and had bent up the pedal. First I bent it straight but realized it was Wayyyyy to low and noticed it had bend the arm of the pedal low so after fixing that it "Looks" normal. Theres something I noticed behind the break pedal which is a screw/bolt (Is that something to be adjusted?)
I feel its still a bit low but believe it or not its hard to look at pictures to try to find something to compare it too. Maybe one of you generous folk could take a straight on shot of pedal to see if I got the angle right.

WP_20130602_001.jpgWP_20130602_002.jpgWP_20130602_003.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20130526_009.jpg
    WP_20130526_009.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 700
lol pretzel :eek:

You did a great job straightening it out :D

I don't think I would worry too much about the master cylinder/push rod being out of whack to any real degree by the looks of it.

What I might suggest though, is since it looks like you have no centre stand, wrangle some method to get the rear tire up off the ground a wee bit, and give the wheel a few good spins. Listen carefully, and just make sure the brake pads aren't dragging excessively. Activate the brake pedal a couple times, and make sure it's allowing the caliper piston to release pressure back off the pads, when no force is being applied to the pedal.

All pads always drag a tiny little bit anyway, but just make sure it's not doing it too much.

Alternatively, just go for a ride a few times around the block, pull over, and check to see if the rear rotor feels hot. (take care and don't burn your fingers if it *is* hot, of course.)

I'm sure it's probably ok.

Wow great job - after seeing the first pic I though you would have replaced it. Did you have to take the pedal off the bike to get it straight? Mine is bent inward a tiny bit from a driveway drop, but I have not tried to straighten it yet. I hardly ever even use the rear brake, so I really don't notice it much.

Believe it or not it was straightened horizontally and vertically right on the bike. Its convenient to have a handy hobby mechanic for a father. He's never afraid to dive into anything to fix it
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

That screw/bolt is the adjuster for the rear break pedal up/down. Now that you have it straight you can fine tune with that bolt to where you like it. The instructions are in the owner's manual along with the instructions for adjusting the rear break switch. I have my switch set to come on after ~1/4" of pedal travel.

Back