• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Abbreviations of vulgarities

Beemerphile

#1 Elite
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We have a forum rule that asks us to "keep it clean". We have a growing pattern of the use of abbreviations for disallowed words. It doesn't fool anyone, and it has the same level of crudeness as if you had spelled it out. We had a language filter on here at one time and it made some ridiculous edits like ***imilate for assimilate. I don't think anyone wants it back. But it falls upon each of us to remain respectful of each other and mindful of our wider audience. If you want to take a verbal swing at someone, take it private. I don't think very many people are impressed by it or want to hear it. I've been guilty of it myself a few times (mea culpa) and charged of it more times than that when I felt my light-hearted ribbing had been taken wrongly. Perception is everything.

Let's commit to making this a friendly place to gather.

Lee

Last edited:
Ditto! I like this forum when it's polite. I've been to other biker forums just too look around, and the spirit (and language) there was.... alarming.

Well put Lee. We have all sinned but at some point we need to grow up and realize that not everyone wants to read offensive stuff all the time. I post on many forums and can't believe some of the language that the moderators allow on a daily basis. Lets keep it clean as 'family members' besides ourselves also read this stuff.

Sam:)

This is the only forum I has hung in there with because for the most part it is a friendly exchange of information, and generally as funny as it is informative. Let's keep it that way. I was once dragged into a protracted and unnecessary battle of angry typing and personal attacks, it's not worth it. A free exchange of information by obviously intelligent people (you bought a NC did you not) is what this is all about, just smile and enjoy your ride.

Well put Lee. We have all sinned but at some point we need to grow up and realize that not everyone wants to read offensive stuff all the time. I post on many forums and can't believe some of the language that the moderators allow on a daily basis. Lets keep it clean as 'family members' besides ourselves also read this stuff.

If you have a GL1800, you probably know what bad language is on a forum...

I'm trying to picture an "insult" on this forum...

"Dude! your modified mud flap is inefficient and your gas mileage is low!"

I do so admire the thoughtful people here. The NC700x is the motorcycle the guys on "Big Bang Theory" would ride if any of them had a license!

Guilty as charged.in my own defence i blame my wife she brings it out in me lol.i do like the folks here.

The NC700x is the motorcycle the guys on "Big Bang Theory" would ride if any of them had a license!

I feel vaguely as though I've just been insulted... ;) Just funnin ya, strat.

'Alright; I'm with you fellers.' This is a great forum, and even my youngest son can read it over my shoulder without having me hurry to scroll past or shut the browser down. I'm all for keeping it that way, and will do my part towards that end.

I don't think I've ever insulted a fellow forum member, but I did use a slightly naughty word a little while ago... So I pledge to keep it clean! Agree this is a great forum... Smart posts and a great moderator

Thank you Lee for pointing this out. It is timely.

Often I have included misspellings to avoid the checkers but I am honest to God, a quite harmless but direct person.

...deleted rest of msg to keep the peace.....

May we all find in ourselves the courtesy needed to have a happy forum.

Last edited:
Don't worry, be happy!

Send him to me. As my wife puts it "I'm easy".

Easy Rider.jpg

Or was that "The original easy rider".

Took a undergraduate class when I went back to college years ago, even then fellow classmates they thought I was old. But, this class was not even offered when I graduated from school. In those days it was simply called "English". But in today's complicated world the class was Technical Writing, and if you used a big word that anyone on this earth could not understand here came the "F". Heck wouldn't you know it, with my small vocabulary this teacher thought I was some kind of a genius. Heck, her husband who was the head of the English department made it a point to get my papers from her once she got home each night and he would grade it for her. She said some times the entire neighborhood could here him laughing. But I got an "A" for being simple.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, how about:
Fuel-starve you you son-of-a-VMax! Your mama wears Dunlop D402s!

I'm trying to picture an "insult" on this forum...

"Dude! your modified mud flap is inefficient and your gas mileage is low!"

I do so admire the thoughtful people here. The NC700x is the motorcycle the guys on "Big Bang Theory" would ride if any of them had a license!

Yes, Kameltaz your somewhat correct! But these are actors not in real life, in real life the Ultimate nerd, Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper), is a Texan! Still can't tell a book by its cover, can anyone!

It's easy if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything that's what my Grandma taught me. Hopefully I have never offended anyone. I may kid around with Happy and Turbo but it's all fun! Ride Safe

Back