• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Warranty question

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys this is my first post, i am the proud owner of a new 2012 nc700x as of a few weeks ago. This bike is great! i swear honda engineered it for exactly my purposes. I have a few questions about the warranty.

First of all what actually voids the warranty? i searched all over hondas website and could not find specifics.

Changing the oil myself wont void the warranty, correct?

what about adjusting the valves?

chain slack?

can i add a slip on?

Radiator Guard?

My previous bike, which was my ride everyday for two years, was a 92 xr250l. There was nothing on it i wouldn't fix myself, so basically i just want to know what my limitations are with my shiny new bike.

I also have not been able to find the service manual for the nc. The dealer said they did not have one, even for me to look at before i bought the bike. which i thought was complete bull crap, until i tried to buy one online with no luck. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance! -Mark

. . . I also have not been able to find the service manual for the nc. The dealer said they did not have one, even for me to look at before i bought the bike. which i thought was complete bull crap, until i tried to buy one online with no luck. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance! -Mark

Seen a few listed on Ebay ~$70 or so.

Doing your own service does not void the warranty but most people recommend that you keep the receipts for the oil, filter, etc. and maintain a log of what service you performed and the date and mileage.

Service manuals are available from Helm Inc. I just checked their site and they are showing them as being in stock.

Bob

Service manuals are available from Helm Inc. I just checked their site and they are showing them as being in stock.

+1, buy the real deal right from the source. Mine got here in no time.

2012-2013 NC700X/XD Service Manual - Helm Incorporated

I've already had to pull it out a couple times doing mundane tasks... I disassembled and lubed the side stand the other day because it had a little drag -- what a weird side stand switch mechanism.

trey

I also have not been able to find the service manual for the nc. The dealer said they did not have one, even for me to look at before i bought the bike. which i thought was complete bull crap, until i tried to buy one online with no luck. Could someone point me in the right direction?

It's hidden in the bottom of the trunk. Funny enough, the owner manual shows how to get to the owner manual.

manual.jpg

I knew the dealer was lying to me! how can you service bikes with no service manual?? woo not paying 70 dollars for one il have to search around some more but thanks for the link trey.

So does adding a slip on exhaust void the warranty? This bike is way too quiet.

I knew the dealer was lying to me! how can you service bikes with no service manual?? woo not paying 70 dollars for one il have to search around some more but thanks for the link trey.

So does adding a slip on exhaust void the warranty? This bike is way too quiet.

Not sure. I just kept my stock pipe. If something ever goes wrong, I will pop it back on.... :rolleyes:

Technically any non genuine Honda modification can invaladate the warranty but usually unless the problem can be shown to be a direct result of the modification being made there is not a problem. At least that's how it works in the UK

In the U.S. the laws concerning warranties can vary from state to state and it would be best to seek information specific to one's specific locale rather than go with generic one-size-fits-all answers from an online forum.

The general rule in the US is that you can perform all your own maintenance and modify freely. Only if you try to warrantee some issue and Honda can prove that what you did was the cause of harm can they deny the claim. This is not state by state, it is federal law: the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act - enforced by the FTC. Any repair work that should be under warranty should be done by a Honda authorized dealer as a legitimate claim may be denied if attempted by yourself or a non-authorized dealer if they screw it up.

Over here in Switzerland, the best guarantee is to buy from a garage whom you can trust. And he is honest and ready to help.
Honda warranty is useless if the seller tries to make more money from you and denies all sort of work.

Back