• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Damaged in the crate

TX1

Reaction score
Visit site
Been waiting for a month and guess what oops it is damaged in the crate will call back in a week with update. the horn and the frame where is the horn located

Last edited:
The best deal I ever got on a bike was due to crate damage. My dealer got in a Suzuki SV650 with a hole in the crate and a damaged exhaust due to a fork from a not so well driven forklift. I ended up getting a big discount on the bike and they also threw in a full Yoshimura exhaust, jet kit (this was when they still had carburetors) and installation.

Bob

hay all thanks for the reply's. It has gotten worse the dealer is calling for a complete frame change O.M.G that means another three weeks in the shop. my question is can a powerhouse dealer do this kind of work and will it be good as new and can I expect some kind of concessions with cost of warranty or some addons maybe.

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't go that route. If I'm paying for a new bike, I want a new undamaged unrepaired new bike. This sounds like glenbo's dealer that is pulling this crap on you!

hay all thanks for the reply's. It has gotten worse the dealer is calling for a complete frame change O.M.G that means another three weeks in the shop. my question is can a powerhouse dealer do this kind of work and will it be good as new and can I expect some kind of concessions with cost of warranty or some addons maybe.

Hard to say. I've seen some dealers that have excellent mechanics and others where the mechanics last about as long as a bottle of milk, but I'd say the odds of getting it done correctly are good. If I were in your position I'd tell the dealer you'd rather not have a new bike that's already had to have repairs that were that extensive, and you'd rather just either get the next one to come in or go somewhere else. You don't have to mean it, but it should put you in a really good position to re negotiate the price and or freebies. Personally, if the dealer didn't come up with some pretty good incentives I'd wait for the next one, but that's just me. If the damage was to something I would want to upgrade or replace anyway I wouldn't care, but a bike with a replacement frame just doesn't meet my personal definition of new. Again, this is just my personal opinion and YMMV.

Bob

thanks bob I am thinking the same thing i am very leery about the whole thing now

As most of above clearly stated... get a NEW one!
If you pay for NEW bike, you suppose to get a NEW bike. Damaged in transport? Sorry, not my problem. What if there is some hidden damage that can't be seen at first glance and will come up later? It doesn't have to be, but you'll never know.

NEW one... it's worth to wait and have 100% certainty that everything is OK (and NEW). :cool:

Thank all I tolled the dealer that I was worried about buying a rebuilt bike and would prefer a new one to be put on order. The dealer email me back with We're working on it the bike is very rare right now I`ll let you know asap. so maybe Honda recalled that one back for exchange

if your are buying new then that is what you should expect ,not a rebuilt one.
I'd give that one a miss.
rare my ass. here you can buy a bike hundreds of miles away and have it delivered.
some times they are cheaper or £1000 worth of gear added on.
when I bought my DCT there was no such offer(add ons free) so I bought from my local dealer only because it was discounted being a demo.

perhaps ask them to reduce the price and you'll buy it,if not then leave well alone.

Hay all thanks for all the advice I called another dealer and he hade several in stock so I got a new 2012 DCT at a nice discount

Back