• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wideband O2 Sensor

ray

Reaction score
Visit site
Would it be possible to replace the narrowband O2 sensor with a wideband O2 sensor and some cabling reworks to the ECU? I noticed NC uses a 12mm O2 sensor which is not common. It's a shame they built a good efficiency bike but used narrowband O2 sensor.

I've never known a motorcycle to use wideband like cars. I think unless it was specifically made for the bike it would be to much work. You cant exactly reprogram the ECM to accept a universal o2 sensor.

Some ecu has unused pins where you can plug a 0-5V O2 sensor for datalogging but maybe not for closed loop fuel trim.

Btw, manual says PCM for SD/XD but ECM for all others. What's the difference? Anybody knows which ecu is nc using?

Some ecu has unused pins where you can plug a 0-5V O2 sensor for datalogging but maybe not for closed loop fuel trim.

Btw, manual says PCM for SD/XD but ECM for all others. What's the difference? Anybody knows which ecu is nc using?

ECM controls engine (Engine Control module)

PCM controls engine and transmission (Power Train control module)

Standard Honda terminology

As far as changing O2 sensors, etc...... what problem, concern or deficiency are you trying resolve? The fueling and drivability and resulting MPG seem to be near perfect on the NC.

The Fuel MAP on a Honda computer can not be changed ( easily) and other have modified input signals with little or no gains in power or MPG. Those modified input signal boxes are NOT cheap.

Back