• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X Tool Kit

myorangecrayon

Reaction score
Visit site
Trying to assemble a kit for my NC700X... I'm not sure what can/should be done to the Honda in case of a road-side breakdown, but I'd like to know that I could fix little things if I need to in one of my overnight trips. I'm planning a few trips over 1,000 miles, and I want to bring a small but complete toolkit. Does anyone have a list of what such a kit would contain? Any must-haves? Sample toolkits? Thanks for any help!

Nevermind... I suppose if I had taken the 2 seconds required to search for something I would've found the answer. If a MOD could destroy this thread, that would be great!

It's a good question, don't dismiss it.
Here's one I found that I'm considering....

Oxford Underseat Tool Kit - TwistedThrottle.com

Would anyone care to comment on what tools an NC700X owner should carry?... or maybe link to a thread that does that?

(I have had it with people who say "search"... I do search...and I get hundreds of pages of results... more than I could possibly look through.)

You need to ask your self what if like if this for that broke what would it take to fix it I think in the long run you will find out in street riding (not off road) that few things will go wrong and if big break down happens all the tools in the world won't help without the parts and to fix it so long story short being able to tighten the chain fix a flat transfer gas some duck tape and a few wire ties should do it just trust your bike every tour I take less and less as bikes get better and better and other than fixing a flat have NEVER used a tool kit on a trip pre tour check is worth it's weight in tools

I find that to be good advice. Exactly what could I fix beyond repairing a tire? replace a burned out valve? Mend a broken chain?
(I've actually done that in the bicycle world and carry a chain tool because I sometimes fix a broken one! Somehow I don't think a motorcycle chain would be a hand tool repair.)
I'll think about carrying less.

Motorboy's advise is good. As observed, it's very limited what sort of things you're likely to repair on the road. But a tire repair kit though is something I need to think about carrying. Any advise? I've seen pretty cheap kits, but have to believe there are good and not so good options.

As far as tools, I think a large percentage of 'on the road' maintenance is tightening things that may rattle a bit loose, so metric Allen keys, wrenches and a few screwdrivers, zip ties, duct tape and a reliable tire pressure gauge (super important IMHO), are about all thats needed. I found a Stanley 14 in 1 metric multi tool that's detailed in another thread and sits in the tail section, but its more of a placebo than a serious toolkit, and unlikely to get used much (it's a cool tool though, and great for less than $20). Maybe a little bottle of Loctite would be worth throwing in there.

Last edited:
One look at all the Allen heads in this thing and I just bought a set to throw in the frunk.

+1 on the tire gauge.

One look at all the Allen heads in this thing and I just bought a set to throw in the frunk.

+1 on the tire gauge.

Yes, don't get me started on the subject of tire gauges! The second item in my heavy duty ziplock bag in the tail section is an Eklund multi metric hex wrench tool. But there are a few Allen key screws on the bike that need individual Allen keys, so I'm planning to carry those also.

I carry a pocket tyre repair kit with CO2 inflator a multi tool and the standard Honda tool kit which in Europe is:

● Spark plug wrench
● 8 × 12 mm Open end wrench
● 10 × 14 mm Open end wrench
● 12 × 14 mm Open end wrench
● Standard/Phillips screwdriver
● Screwdriver grip
● Extension bar
● 5 mm Hex wrench
● 22 mm Box end wrench
● 27 mm Box end wrench
● Helmet set wire
● Fuse puller

Plus a tyre gauge and (what else) a Swiss army knife.

But these days machines are more reliable and less easy to fix so I think that I've got more than enough tools for the foreseeable. It's not as though we're ever much in the wilderness over here.

Last edited:
I carry a pocket tyre repair kit with CO2 inflator a multi tool and the standard Honda tool kit which in Europe is:

● Spark plug wrench
● 8 × 12 mm Open end wrench
● 10 × 14 mm Open end wrench
● 12 × 14 mm Open end wrench
● Standard/Phillips screwdriver
● Screwdriver grip
● Extension bar
● 5 mm Hex wrench
● 22 mm Box end wrench
● 27 mm Box end wrench
● Helmet set wire
● Fuse puller

Plus a tyre gauge and (what else) a Swiss army knife.

But these days machines are more reliable and less easy to fix so I think that I've got more than enough tools for the foreseeable. It's not as though we're ever much in the wilderness over here.

Thanks for taking the time to list it. That's what helps those of us trying to figure out what to carry.

I have more than I need but here is my list:

Air compressor. Slime brand
String plug kit. Slime brand
Small pencil type air gauge. Slime brand
Above lives in the right fake air duct all the time.

Length of paracord lives under pillion seat
Tube flashlight that also blinks red lives in frunk

JIT screwdriver bits and handle
8, 10, 12, 14 open wrenches
22mm, 27mm Honda wrenches
8, 10, 12, 14 socket, extension, ¼” ratchet
Allen wrenches
Spark plug wrench
Standard pliers
Needle nose pliers
Vice grip pliers
Wire cutter pliers (Dykes)
Small circuit tester
Electrical tape
Length of 18 gauge wire
Loctite
Gloves
Above lives in 1 tool tube otherwise I wouldn’t carry all of that every day.

For trips a second tool tube has:
Chain lube
Chain alignment tool
Small ruler
Shop rag
JB Weld

Duct tape goes in a bag or frunk
I still need to get spare fuses and bulbs though I can probably find them easy enough on the road.

Question: The EU release of the NC700x really comes with that many tools? Where does honda store it on the bike?

The Oxford took lit looks a little bit like a small Kobalt took kit from Lowes? I wonder of its something that is re-branded and can be purchased locally?

Question: The EU release of the NC700x really comes with that many tools?

I copied the list from the manual - and it's accurate. The whole kit fits in the same little plastic pouch that fits behind the rubber bands on the battery compartment cover in the trunk that you get in the US (I saw one recently in somebody's photo of his shopping). The tools are of reasonable quality, I wouldn't want to rely on them for routine work but they'll do a job if you're stuck.

Chris

Question: The EU release of the NC700x really comes with that many tools? Where does honda store it on the bike?

To see and/or purchase the complete Honda tool kit or parts of it you can surf to parts place like cyclepartsnation.com. That is where I got the Honda 20/27mm wrenches. They are small eye wrenches and Honda has a little extension handle for them. The Honda tool kit stuff is OK for an emergency but not stuff you would want to use for normal maintenance/repair work.

Back