• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cycle Gear grip heaters any good?

I purchased some hand guards first. I have decent gloves so figured the wind protection might help some. Took her out for a spin tonight and noticed a nice difference. Tomorrow morning when its chilly will be a good test though. If my fingers get cold I know I'll have to get some grip heaters. Miss Demeaner...Absolutely true.

Greg,

I also like the cheaper price options, although we may find the results not to our liking...time will tell. Definitely want to know how yours' turns out.

I just purchased the Oxford Hot Hands wrap around heater grips. Got these for $59 - no shipping charge via Revzilla (they price matched another vendor I located and submitted). They are enroute and I should have them installed by the weekend and I should get to try them soon and will also try to update the conference on my results as well. I really like the ease of install/removal. They are clearly not a permanent solution. I did not want to go thru the time and effort to pull the grips off, plus I only need the heat for a 13 mile to and from work daily during Dec -Feb when the temp drops below 25 degrees. Southeast Missouri has fairly moderate winters.

Yes I have the trackside grip heaters. They are good heaters. I installed plugs to wire them to the factory sub harness and put the switch in a hole I drilled in the black plastic to the left of the triple tree. The resistor for low gets very hot so tie it out of the way so I won't melt stuff. I found in sub freezing temps you still need wind protection. Also it's cycle gear if you hate them take them back.

Gigs

Yes I have the trackside grip heaters. They are good heaters. I installed plugs to wire them to the factory sub harness and put the switch in a hole I drilled in the black plastic to the left of the triple tree. The resistor for low gets very hot so tie it out of the way so I won't melt stuff. I found in sub freezing temps you still need wind protection. Also it's cycle gear if you hate them take them back.

Gigs

Gigs, if it's not too much trouble could you post a photo of how you mounted your controller? I like your idea.

Greg

If you are going the sticker type heaters… Some of these are really good heaters. Others not so much. I've had both.

I would highly recommend a set with out a ballast. The tests I have seen show they get hotter, faster than the ballast type. If you see photos of both types side by side the non ballast type have more thinner/ narrow metal filaments. Each grip has two sets of filaments. One set is for low and powering both sets runs high.

If you want to avoid drilling a hole. I recommend a handlebar switch like this one DooDad Switch :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear I have seen similar ones on eBay.

Gigs, if it's not too much trouble could you post a photo of how you mounted your controller? I like your idea.

Greg

a4y3ypyr.jpg

You have to remove the "Fuct" and drill from the outside. Very easy.

Gigs

Back