• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sena bluetooth...AWESOME

robnpat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
All,

I just got my Sena SMH-10 (universal mic since I have a modular helmet) and went for a short ride. All I got to say is 'AWESOME'!! I inquired on another one of my threads about Bluetooth and what everyone was using, so went with the Sena. Install and setup were VERY easy, and syncs up to my Windows Phone 8X just fine. I got some earplugs from Menards yesterday, and ran to town on my bike today. Music comes in nice and clear, even with the earplugs (very little wind noise), then I called my wife. Since it is voice activated, I hit my phone button on the SMH, then said 'Call Home'..next thing I know is my wife answering. I could hear her real clear, and she heard me just fine (she said she can hear a little wind, but not much to detract the clarity of the call. I was doing 60mph). I hung up, and then she called me back. When I heard an incoming call, I just said 'Hello', and my wife was on the other end. Very nice.

It beats riding with a MP3 player tucked away in my jacket pocket, hooked-up to earbuds that kept getting tangled. Most of the time, the earbuds fell out during my ride. I hate that.

I am one happy rider now. I'd recommend the SMH-10 to anyone :cool: . The only downfall is that I can't fit my helmet in my frunk anymore, even when I took off the device. So, for now, I will just put my helmet in my Givi trunk. No big deal there.

All,

I just got my Sena SMH-10 (universal mic since I have a modular helmet) and went for a short ride. All I got to say is 'AWESOME'!! I inquired on another one of my threads about Bluetooth and what everyone was using, so went with the Sena. Install and setup were VERY easy, and syncs up to my Windows Phone 8X just fine. I got some earplugs from Menards yesterday, and ran to town on my bike today. Music comes in nice and clear, even with the earplugs (very little wind noise), then I called my wife. Since it is voice activated, I hit my phone button on the SMH, then said 'Call Home'..next thing I know is my wife answering. I could hear her real clear, and she heard me just fine (she said she can hear a little wind, but not much to detract the clarity of the call. I was doing 60mph). I hung up, and then she called me back. When I heard an incoming call, I just said 'Hello', and my wife was on the other end. Very nice.

It beats riding with a MP3 player tucked away in my jacket pocket, hooked-up to earbuds that kept getting tangled. Most of the time, the earbuds fell out during my ride. I hate that.

I am one happy rider now. I'd recommend the SMH-10 to anyone :cool: . The only downfall is that I can't fit my helmet in my frunk anymore, even when I took off the device. So, for now, I will just put my helmet in my Givi trunk. No big deal there.

Glad you like it! Your helmet must be like my Shoei Qwest, ie a very tight fit in there to start with - I have the same problem.

Hey Turbo, it was one of your posts in my thread that pointed me in that direction. I really like it and will ride my bike to work tomorrow since it is suppose to be nice. I can't wait to ride the 40 minutes to work with this system.

I used to want to buy a BT headset.
Then I did not.

I said to myself, I go biking to "escape" the normal noises in life. Why do I bring it back with this gadget?
So I leave all my "worldly baggage" behind and stay calm with a good set of ear plugs. Peace and tranquility.
:D

That's awesome RobNPat, you will love commuting with a decent setup. I can't imagine riding without my bluetooth setup. I've been listening to pod casts on various subjects during my commute. I'm on the road at least an hour a day traveling back and forth to work. This gives me an extra 200 hours a year to learn some new stuff while doing something that otherwise is useless time (commuting). Time that I wouldn't otherwise have. Priceless! Just got to make sure you keep your main focus on the things out there that will kill you. :)

The weather is looking much better now. Us Missouri riders need to calendar a ride/meet. Even if it's just to meet for lunch somewhere. I'm ready!

WGW

WGW, I'm game on a ride. I'm sure some of the STL riders and Turbo would like to do some, too.

Love mine. Went for a long ride yesterday, and after 8 hours and 450 miles of use the battery level was still 'medium'.

Great toys!

trey

I'm with you Happy. I love music but not while I'm riding. It seems like riding is one of those rare things today where a person can really be in the moment. To each his/her own for sure.
Then I did not.

I said to myself, I go biking to "escape" the normal noises in life. Why do I bring it back with this gadget?
So I leave all my "worldly baggage" behind and stay calm with a good set of ear plugs. Peace and tranquility.

Then I did not.

I'm with you Happy. I love music but not while I'm riding. It seems like riding is one of those rare things today where a person can really be in the moment. To each his/her own for sure.

You can still escape guy's, these have an off switch.

Music while riding, I like.
Phone calls while riding, I don't.

But since I use a bluetooth from my iphone and helmet speakers, I get the phone calls anyway....

I like the phone feature incase my wife calls in an emergency. All other calls can wait til
I get to my destination.

I had a Parrot BT last year. It was convenient for sure. I didn't care about the phone call feature as much, but having music for all day rides is a must for me. After a few hours without music, my mind is more likely to wander and lose focus from the ride. Too bad it died at the end of last season. I loved the handlebar mounted wireless controller.

I had a Parrot BT last year. It was convenient for sure. I didn't care about the phone call feature as much, but having music for all day rides is a must for me. After a few hours without music, my mind is more likely to wander and lose focus from the ride. Too bad it died at the end of last season. I loved the handlebar mounted wireless controller.

I have a parrot, I like it for the most part other than the hockey puck receiver and the lack of an intercom option.

I like the phone feature incase my wife calls in an emergency. All other calls can wait til
I get to my destination.

The thing that I like best about mine is when I give my 10 year old a ride. Just being able to have a conversation without yelling to each other is worth it.

Do not disturb on the iPhone is a sweet feature. You can even set to to let certain calls through ie the wife and no one else.
Music while riding, I like.
Phone calls while riding, I don't.

But since I use a bluetooth from my iphone and helmet speakers, I get the phone calls anyway....

All,

I just got my Sena SMH-10 (universal mic since I have a modular helmet) and went for a short ride...... I got some earplugs from Menards yesterday, and ran to town on my bike today. Music comes in nice and clear, even with the earplugs (very little wind noise), .......

Rob- By 'earplugs"...are you referring to the use of 'audio earplugs" or the "noise abatement type plug?? I am asking because we are considering the use of the audio earplug with our 3/4 helmet and are unsure if they can be used with the stock purchased mount, or if we must purchase another type mount which will accomodate the use of external earbuds (in lieu of the helmet mounted speaker)

Back