• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

5600 mile trip begins tomorrow

gpd211

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Tomorrow (4/29/13) my dad and I will be leaving for our 3rd of the four corners of the lower 48. Dad will be on his vtx 1800 and I'll be on the nc. Should be a pretty good test of the new Corbin seat. Put some PR3s on for the trip (couldn't wait to get the stock metzlers off). Here is a pic from mapquest of our route. We avoid the interstate like the plague. 2 lane state highways are our preferred roads. I'll post up some pics when I get back

how long of a trip are you planning? 3 weeks? any particular stops in mind, or just touring as you go?
looks like a fun filled trip. take lots of pics.

That sounds like a great trip. I can't wait until my son is old enough that he and I can ride together like that.

I took 3 weeks off work. Only hard deadline is I have to be in Glenwood Springs, CO on may 9th. My grandmother lives there and my wife and mom are flying out to spend a long Mother's Day weekend there.

Wishing you a fantastic trip! This kind of stuff makes for a life long memories!
May the weather Gods be good to you! Be safe!

Keep us posted if possible and spoil us with some pictures... ;)

Have fun on your trip that seat and those tires should do you just fine! I had the same combo for my 2300 mile trip. Beware of nails and crazies in the road.

Tomorrow (4/29/13) my dad and I will be leaving for our 3rd of the four corners of the lower 48. Dad will be on his vtx 1800 and I'll be on the nc. Should be a pretty good test of the new Corbin seat. Put some PR3s on for the trip (couldn't wait to get the stock metzlers off). Here is a pic from mapquest of our route. We avoid the interstate like the plague. 2 lane state highways are our preferred roads. I'll post up some pics when I get back

It's too bad you can't dip down just a few miles to actually hit The Four Corners, on your "four corners" trip, lol. That area, and around Moab Utah, were amongst my most favourite places I've ever been. :)

Have fun and be safe!

Back