• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trailer for towing

Does anyone has good experience or recommended trailer for towing a motorcycle - NC700...
Thanks.

What do you have in mind? Fully enclosed? Open flatbed? Just a frame that folds for storage? There's lots of options in all manner of price ranges.

Greg

if you are limited on space for storage there is the trailer in a bag. it's a single rail trailer that comes apart and is stowed in a bag. it goes together and comes apart quite easily, and tows nicely.
i had an open trailer, which was great, but as much as i travel for work the enclosed fills the bill for me.

I used a 4x8 utility trailer that I got from Home Depot years ago. It is a tilt bed, 2000lbs capacity, and has full size trailer tires that are rated for more than 55mph. A lot of the small trailers have tires that are only rated to 55.

I used a 4x8 utility trailer that I got from Home Depot years ago. It is a tilt bed, 2000lbs capacity, and has full size trailer tires that are rated for more than 55mph. A lot of the small trailers have tires that are only rated to 55.

Yeah, I got one of those too -- Snow Bear. Great little trailer made in Canada. I bought mine used after borrowing my Dad's that he bought at Home Depot. The original owner had ragged the hell out of it, so I got it cheap and repacked the bearings, beat out the worst dents, and put better 6 ply highway tires on it. Here it is loaded with close to 2000 lbs.

snowbear-small.jpg

I have used an open trailer from Uhaul for something like $17 a day. Another plus.... there is no gas/mileage fees...lol
You could take that bad boy accross the country and they wouldn't know...

:cool:

I have an enclosed 6' x 12' trailer. That would cost you about $2500 or more. On the other end of the scale you could by a Harbor Freight utility trailer for $200-$300 and rig it to hold the bike.

Greg

I have a trailer in a bag and its great... go to trailerinabag.com to get one. The are a little pricey but I think its worth it. The also offer a military discount. Sometimes you can find them on Craigs list and on eBay for a little cheaper.

Crazy question - but for the Trailer in a Bag - where does the ramp get stored once the bike is up and on the trailer? I couldn't see it in any of the pictures with bikes secured to the trailer..

Back