• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Changing Givi Lock

what next

Reaction score
Visit site
So I just got my sidecases and rear trunk. Got an extra lock , tumbler thing in sidecases to use on trunk. Who has changed this? I see 4 screws inside trunk I will have to take off to see something. Is this going to be an easy job or do I need to know some secret? I didn't find any direction with this.

When you remove whatever is covering the inside end of the lock assembly you will see a clip that retains the lock part that turns 90 degrees with the key. With a small screwdriver or tool remove the clip from the square part on the very end and remove that piece. The tumbler assembly can now be slid out of the lock assembly toward the key or exterior end. What remains is a black hollow cylinder. This part is press fitted into the case but you may not have to remove it to use a new lock. Look at the new lock set. It will or will not have a keyway or slot that matches up with a matching keyway or slot on the new tumbler assembly. You should be able to see if the new one will just slide into the hole. You might have to remove the keyway on the new cylinder for it to slide in. There are at least two types of hollow cylinders. It's easy to trim off the keyway on a new lockset to fit it into on old case. They are plastic and can be trimmed with an exacto knife. Once you slide out the old one and look at it and the new one side by side you should be able to figure it out.

PS. I recently bought two E35s and a three lock set so the 35s and my older E460 top case would have matching keys. I did not get instructions with the 35s or the lockset. I found some posts online that helped me figure it out.

Last edited:
What top case did you get? Mine came with directions and was a simple change out.
I got the 55, only because it has a hinge that keeps lid open when opened up. I ran with a 52 for 2 bikes and remember how the lid was always flopping shut. I only use the trunk for helmet and jacket storage when stopped.
Took all of 5 minutes to do this. Mine had a nut on back of tumbler. The little ball bearing for detent fell out when I took arm off. Ok I saw it and figured out where it had to go. So now I have 4 keys that work. I will hide one somewhere on bike and then keep a bike key taped to the inside of one of the sidecases just in case I lose keys someday.

Back