• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rossi, will he ever win again?

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Hello

A few years back, I was a BIG FAN of the Doctor.
Now, it is quite sad to read and watch his dismal performances.

I am sure there are Stoner fans and others out there.
The real question is: will Rossi ever dominate (or even win) ever again?

Sadly... I think it is a no.
:(

I'm sure that he will never dominate again however he may win a few more races if either it is really wet or he changes back to Honda or Yamaha. It must be a big disavantage to him having to drag that great big ego around with him. Now if you want a really all time great rider just look at AGO who still rides on the roads on a daily basis and can outride must people despite being 70 years of age

Yes Rocker, Rossi may never win again. Not dominate at all.
I am too young to know who AGO is...

(PS: I get a feeling you enjoy a good discussion and even banter WITH ME? I do wish we did not start off with the wrong foot, but it may be too late now. Take care, ride safe).:rolleyes:

sigh...i see what you mean. I don't know HIM, except you mentioned he is still riding at 70....you mentioned it as a positive criteria. So I emphasized that I agree with that. Age is not a big deal, if you have the skills and the balls to still go fast. Yes, I look forward to one day, if and when you decide we are friends, and perhaps we can carve some roads here in Switzerland. Ride fast, Rocker! :D

sigh...i see what you mean. I don't know HIM, except you mentioned he is still riding at 70....you mentioned it as a positive criteria. So I emphasized that I agree with that. Age is not a big deal, if you have the skills and the balls to still go fast. Yes, I look forward to one day, if and when you decide we are friends, and perhaps we can carve some roads here in Switzerland. Ride fast, Rocker! :D

Believe me that ain't going to happen

That is breaking news and good for Yamaha and Rossi. Yahama has the resources to build 20 frames to get it right but poor Ducati cannot afford to start over again and it is obvious that only Stoner could ride that thing consistently to the podium. Rossi is a gentleman to keep his frustrations about that bike out of the press and if as reported he gives up 40 million to get off it and return to Yamaha, now that speaks volumes.

I'm sure that Rossi will not loose out much financialy as I don't expect Yamaha are paying peanuts. Now all those Rossi fans will have to admit that their wonder boy could not ride the Ducati but stoner could. Rossi has always won when on the best bike.
At least in F1 schuey moved to ferrari when they were doing nothing and turned that car into a winner which is what Rossi could not do with Ducati

I would love to see the Doctor back in his old form, I just think that a couple of years at Ducati and the injurys may have taken its toll and its too late for him. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm sure that Rossi will not loose out much financialy as I don't expect Yamaha are paying peanuts. Now all those Rossi fans will have to admit that their wonder boy could not ride the Ducati but stoner could. Rossi has always won when on the best bike.
At least in F1 schuey moved to ferrari when they were doing nothing and turned that car into a winner which is what Rossi could not do with Ducati

Rocker, I'm very sorry , but I don't agree. Long time ago he was wining absolutelly all with Honda and he went to Yamaha just because people were telling he won because he had the best bike. And he (and the engineers, of course) were able to improve the Yamaha and win all again.

ITOH, you mentioned Agostini in a previous post, as one of the best riders ever. I would like to mention Nieto as well. I do believe here at Spain we bikers owe to Nieto and a few others (Aspar, Tormo, Herrero, Crivillé) who we are actually in the championships.

I am an unashamed Rossi fan and not a Stoner fan. Don't know why, but I am just that. Rossi has done wonders to the MotoGP brand much like Federer has brought me back to a high level of tennis playing.
I hope his switch will make MotoGP exciting once more.

Pedrosa or Lorenzo? They can WIN, but they somehow do not excite like The Doctor did or does...

You're probably too young to remember Crivillé vs Doohan.

BTW, Lorenzo won Rossi runing the same bike

Anyway, my prefered 500cc runner was Kevin Schwantz, and I'm not saying that because we are in a US forum, to me he was the best

Last edited:
Back