• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Revove seat??

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an ERGO seat pad...It's meant to be strapped to the driver's seat (not passenger).
How do I get the driver's seat off?

Moments later...

'Sorry, should have tried it first.
Open the passenger seat as if you were gassing up,
locate two bolt heads near the "driver" seat,
Use 10mm socket wrench to remove both.
The entire seat then lifts right off.

Last edited:
I believe if you raise the rear seat you will spot a couple of bolts that hold the front seat in place. Remove those and you should be able to slide the seat to the rear and remove it.

I to tried to revove seat but it didn't work till I realise it meant remove

yep one must open one's eye's. its amazing what you can see.lol
1292340202785214681af6c0b8-a315-4b7a-91d4-6e2ba0a31e31[D]jpg

don't get upset I'm only having light heart dig,poking fun nows wheres ma
getmecoat.gif

Last edited:
I'm intetested in how the Ergo works for you,might buy one myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First of all, I have to say that the folks that make the ERGO rush delivered it so that I would have it for the long ride home from Phoenix. That was some excellent kind of customer service. I have everything good about how they treated my order.
The quality of the seat is excellent. It's well made, and I expect it will last a long time...so...so far... Great Service, well made product.

The seat spreads weight out across the buttocks wider than the narrow stock seat. As a road bicyclist, I've had many years of experience with seats and how they distribute weight. If all your weight is concentrated in a narrow swath between your legs, you will get sore... and in different places than if the seat disgributes the weight in a wider swatch across your behind.

The ERGO attempts to disbribute the weight wide across your butt....thus the "apple" shape. It succeeds in this...and for those who just can't tolerate the weight born in that narrow swath between the legs, the ERGO is a MUST HAVE.
Mrs. Bowen prefers the "apple" shaped seats to the narrow "bananna" shape. On our tandem bicycle, I have a traditional narrow seat compared to her apple shaped one. We are both happy with our different choices.
(please forgive me if that's more than you wanted to know about seats!)

The feel of the seat is...OK, and I have to be honest here... it's a little expensive at $140, but I realize the ERGO people have to make a living...they can't just give them away or make $1 on each sale. They'd starve.

I'm going to keep the one I have....on rides that are 100s of miles long, I'd like to have it. The rest of the time, I'll go with the stock seat.
I can also try it with my wife...see if she likes it on the passenger seat.

In the spirit of Roger Ebert, I'll say "thumbs up for the ERGO seat" but just barely...due to the cost.

I have a 23 day,6,000 mile ride comming up and I don't think the stock seat is going to work for me.I'm going to do several 150-200 mile rides in the next few weeks to see how it feels.
I really want to let Rick Mayer building me a seat like he did for my Vstrom but time and $$$ are tight with preparing 2 bikes for Deadhorse so I need a cheaper/quicker choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back