• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

PGM-FI warning light

helmetbox

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi does anyone encounter the PGM-FI light turned on while riding?

I have encounter this twice on my DCT.

However, i stop the bike turn off and turn on the bike, the light will just go off by it on...

Was wondering are there any code error to see what went wrong?

Manual, page 98:

PGM-FI (Programmed Fuel Injection) Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)

If the indicator comes on while riding, you may have a serious problem with the PGM-FI system. Reduce speed and have your motorcycle inspected by your dealer as soon as possible.

Last edited:
possible causes : Oxygen sensor wiring damaged, false in/output from oxygen sensors ( if it has 2 of them, one is a controller, other is to measure the output mixture), air/fuel mixture error ( too much or low one of them ). Injector fault or some water got into the petrol...

Take it to the dealer, put on the computer and get the codes. ECU will keep it until it is reset ( like most cars ).

Pls reply, if you have any result

I understand the technical aspect of the reply, but a 2012 NC700X is most likely covered under warranty, so I'm not sure listing all the electrical components of the bike is very useful at this point.

The only thing he has to do right now is get it verified by his dealer, and maybe post what they found on the forum. When the light comes on under warranty, that's what needs to be done. After that, then it's another story ;-) I will gladly help on the technical stuff when time comes, but I don't want someone going after his dealer telling "someone on the forum named FrankQC told me this....."

Just tried to read the diagnose but dot not have the scs connector. Tried just wires to short the terminal as per service Manuel to find out the error but got no luck.. Will need to go source for the scs connector

Back