• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X and its ability to adjust air/fuel on the fly

cfar

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been contemplating a slip on for some actual noise from the engine and am wondering how much leeway Honda has designed into its air/fuel corrections while on the fly. Anyone know?

I know older, pre-catalytic converter bikes would require a power commander for adjustments even at a slip on level but with the o2 sensor now, I imagine there is some comfort in knowing we won't run lean, or is this wishful thinking?

Slip ons

I've been contemplating a slip on for some actual noise from the engine and am wondering how much leeway Honda has designed into its air/fuel corrections while on the fly. Anyone know?

I know older, pre-catalytic converter bikes would require a power commander for adjustments even at a slip on level but with the o2 sensor now, I imagine there is some comfort in knowing we won't run lean, or is this wishful thinking?

No problem running a slip on pipe, you will need to do allot of work if you change the complete system , removing the cat. dale

Ditto on the slip on. I have had mine on about 4k miles now and the bike runs great! No fueling issues whatsoever. Bikes only have a narrow band o2 sensor so they can't compensate for big changes like a car can, so a slip on is as far as I would go without a fuel controller.

Slip on is fine with stock ECU.
Major change to the air intake & full exhaust upgrade might warrant a PC.
Full exhaust upgrade, major air intake work and a hotter cam, definately require a PC and a good dyno tune.
HTH and good luck.

would removing the cat require a resistor to compensate for no o2 sensor

would removing the cat require a resistor to compensate for no o2 sensor

You can still keep the O2 sensor

NOT mention removing the O2 sensor would not have any benefits....................just negative consequences. Generally speaking the O2 sensor on any engine is a good thing for overall performance, economy and emissions etc

This may work on the NC.. It dose on my XT660R
Put a 1om potentiometer in the air temp sencer wire.."air box"
at the turn of a nob you can richen or lean off the A/F ratio buy telling the CPU
lies about the air temp..

This may work on the NC.. It dose on my XT660R
Put a 1om potentiometer in the air temp sencer wire.."air box"
at the turn of a nob you can richen or lean off the A/F ratio buy telling the CPU
lies about the air temp..

The real question on the NC is why would you do it.............it does not have any bad manners as related to fueling even with an aftermarket exhaust.

Back