• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Starting NC700X Manual 6 speeds

LA_NC700X

Reaction score
Visit site
When my NC is parked over night or after 8 hours day at work... When I start her up... It seem to me that I have to hold the start button a little longer than before...

I remember she used to start up about .5 second, now is more like 1.5 second before she start up...

My bike is about 10,400 miles now. So far everything is good except the starting part seems longer than before...

I was wondering how others NC700 start up?

Thanks.

Take a multimeter and see what voltage the battery is at the end of a riding day. The next morning before starting, see what the voltage is again. If it's less than say, 12.6 volts, then it may need to have an eye kept on it for possible replacement.

I don't mention checking the voltage while running (idling), 'cause I would presume your stator/bike's charging system is working just fine, being so new and all still.

My NC has an unbelievably quick start @ button push, something I noted straight away from new. Sitting for a while over winter, with a haphazard charging of the battery via battery tender when I remembered to plug it in, there was a definite longer pause when I went to start her up first thing this year.

When my NC is parked over night or after 8 hours day at work... When I start her up... It seem to me that I have to hold the start button a little longer than before...

I remember she used to start up about .5 second, now is more like 1.5 second before she start up...

My bike is about 10,400 miles now. So far everything is good except the starting part seems longer than before...

I was wondering how others NC700 start up?

Thanks.

Yes my bike a 6 weeks old and I noticed that too. Some starts are starting to take a tad bit longer to start.

Have you checked your valve clearances? Harder starting is a pretty classic sign of valves tightening up.

trey

until you have to crank it for 5+ seconds, I wouldn't worry. could be just the battery losing its charge, could be time run some seafoam through the system. could just be all in your head.

until you have to crank it for 5+ seconds, I wouldn't worry. could be just the battery losing its charge, could be time run some seafoam through the system. could just be all in your head.

I ride my bike daily to work, 27 miles each way... I am already use Lucas gas treatment regularly... Not going to worry about it like you guys say for now...

She started fine yesterday when I left work and this morning... Must have heard me complaining here.... ;)

BTW, this is my first Honda... I have notice in the past, my friends's Honda CBRs seem week at starting also... May be this is a feature and nothing to worry about?! :)

not a expert on seafoam, but the o2 sensor and cat may not like it, the o2 sensor is easy to damage, and fill cause you alot of running problems. i would not run anything but fuel threw the system, the bike is to new ,to have any fuel problems, or any running problems. dale

not a expert on seafoam, but the o2 sensor and cat may not like it, the o2 sensor is easy to damage, and fill cause you alot of running problems. i would not run anything but fuel threw the system, the bike is to new ,to have any fuel problems, or any running problems. dale

Yeah, probably. But ya know, old habits die hard.

Mines the same, I think it might be the electrical loom that seems to be cropping up now, mine was green with corrosion, I'm getting it replaced in the coming weeks.

Once it's changed, and I notice a difference I will let you know because I'm pretty sure the electric for the electric start run through this.

Other wise, 16,000+ happy miles!

Hi

1. First possibility = Battery. Is it cold? Check voltage as recommended by others here.
2. Fuel. Have you changed fuel recently? Dirty fuel?
3. I do not believe it is anything to do with valves or real motor (engine) issues.
4. Mine starts up at same speed (split second) even after a cold cold winter with no extra battery charger

Hope this helps.

Have you checked your valve clearances? Harder starting is a pretty classic sign of valves tightening up.

trey

I agree. My Chinese scooter would start hard or want to stall when i'm stopped at a light or stop sign and
just idling. Adjusting the valves always did the trick.

Last edited:
Back