• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windscreen change height

trooper

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't get mad at me, I am not a mechanic and don't have time to search old threads. How do I get the "nuts" (insert thingy) out of the hole to raise the height of the windshield? If you are mad at the thread, I get it. Some of us aren't very mechanically inclined though. Thanks for any positive advise on this.

I grabed from the back and slowly pulled out.to put back in just start from one side and push back.they take a little push and pull work but i just raised mine last week just have to work at them a little.

Also ziggie, did you find raising it helped keep more wind off your chest and head or not really? Might have to just get a taller screen for mine.

ziggie is right, it's much easier to just push them through and re-insert from the front. I moved mine up and haven't noticed any improvement, I'm 5'9', there may be more turbulence with it raised. My taller Honda windscreen is supposed to finally be coming in this week (2 months late) so looking forward to seeing what it might do.

Thanks glenbo, can you tell me which windscreen you ordered? I like the one from Twisted Throttle because it has a funky changeable upper piece to it to direct wind to your liking/height.

I have only road twice with it at high.i think it might be better back on low.it does seem to have more turbulence now then before.i also am 5,9.but the only shield i like is the Honda tall.but i will make due with stock for now.i have.a full face helmet.

Thanks you guys, you have both convinced me to leave it alone, I mean more turbulance is never good right?! I'll save for the funky one.

Thanks glenbo, can you tell me which windscreen you ordered? I like the one from Twisted Throttle because it has a funky changeable upper piece to it to direct wind to your liking/height.

Look carefully the funky upper piece is $155 extra and above the aftermarket screen which is about $110??????

My experiment with the stock screen was there was more noise when it was raised and no benefit as far as minimizing wind blast. My experience with various bikes and electric windshields is that the noise and turbulence will worsen as you increase height. At the point you are just looking over the top or you're looking through the screen, it will instantly become quiet. In other words, it's an all or nothing thing in my book.

I look through my GL1800 screen and the wife's Reflex Givi screen. I leave the NC700X at the lowest setting. Nothing in between.

Greg

My experience with various bikes and electric windshields is that the noise and turbulence will worsen as you increase height. At the point you are just looking over the top or you're looking through the screen, it will instantly become quiet. In other words, it's an all or nothing thing in my book.

Greg

+ 10 on the above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I sure appreciate everyone's advise. Thank you. I believe the MRA Vario Touring Screen windshield MRA.01.069.vt is $155.00 and comes with the top adjustable part.

I sure appreciate everyone's advise. Thank you. I believe the MRA Vario Touring Screen windshield MRA.01.069.vt is $155.00 and comes with the top adjustable part.

That makes the cost easier to swallow if both parts are included.

Last edited:
Yes, but I'm still trying to find someone who actually has used it to see if it works. It seems to me that the adjustable part would weaken or wear out over time and at higher speeds. Not sure.

I'm pretty sure one of the forum members has one of the Vario windshields and posted that he liked his. I think it was actually in one of the exhaust threads. You may want to try a search for MRA or Vario.

bob

Yes, but I'm still trying to find someone who actually has used it to see if it works. It seems to me that the adjustable part would weaken or wear out over time and at higher speeds. Not sure.

See post # 11 this tread...........has merit.:eek:

Ps...........we did buy a naked bike......right.......:cool: sorry could not resist

Last edited:
I have not used the MRA with adjustable spoiler on the NC -- but have used one on a couple of other bikes --- V-Strom being one of them. The adjustable part is very well made and I can't see it wearing out with normal use -- plus it does a great job in fine tuning the airflow ..

Last edited:

Just search the forum for MRA Vario. There have been prior discussions. Here is one post of many, an opinion from member Cyclerosis:

lamlamz: How did it go? Do you recommend this screen?

Cyclerosis: Hmmnnn, I thought I posted the result. Must have posted it elsewhere..In my opinion, it's only marginally better than the stock screen at it's lowest setting and creates incrementally higher turbulence at every setting above the lowest. At a future date, I'll probably get the taller Honda shield that others here are using. I can't recommend the Vario shield, and even though it looks good, it doesn't perform to my expectations at any setting.

Greg

Back