• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wiring question

bode61

Reaction score
Visit site
I finally got my NC yesterday. I bought it new but was waiting for the tall screen and the lowering links to come in. They did and the bike was ready for my pick up yesterday. Last night I installed the Hepco Becker side racks for my bags. I still need to install my KTM hand guards. I also want to hard wire my garmin zumo and my plug for my Gerbings heat gear. What do you electrical gurus recommend?

Supposed to be 70 here tomorrow so off on two wheels I will go.

Get a sub harness and relay from Honda for the GPS and wire the Gerbings to the battery would be the easiest and cheapest way. I just installed a fuse block. You can find my thread about it in the Mods section.
Mike

For 2 items I would say wiring directly to the battery is OK with inline fuses. I wouldn’t stack more than 2 on the battery terminal. As more are stacked the chance of electrical problems increases. There are multiple threads with pictures of how others have used power distribution strips which you can pick up locally at radio shack/autozone etc or a fused power hub like this one from twisted throttle: PowerHub fuse block, master ground block and wiring harness for motorcycles by Twisted Throttle - R1200GS Adventure '08-'13 - BMW - Shop by Bike - TwistedThrottle.com

I have the sub harness and use it for my 12v acc and soon will be adding front riding lights but I keep my gerbings battery direct simply because you can't forget to disconnect it or you'll be dragging your bike with you as you walk away. I use a smart phone for radio and gps these days but a few yrs ago I was using garmin with XM and forgot to turn it off a few times while parked in my garage and it did run down the battery overnite. IMO the sub harness being keyed on and allowing 4 additional acc's is one of the many great things about the NC.

Back