• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I'm going in...16,000 Mile Service

AdvSplash

Reaction score
Visit site
Well the time has come, rather slowly actually - The bike is due it's 16,000 mile service this weekend (Currently 16,200 on the clock)

Has anyone had their's yet?

I'll be very interested in the valve measurements compared to the last lot at 8,000!

We are too! :)
Please, share the findings and results.

P.S. you really put miles on it, ha? Good for ya!

How long have you have your bike? I am over 10,000 miles at 5 months... I am catching up... :p

Let us know about your valves adjust, how it turn out...

Damn!!! 5 months you got 13xxx miles... From November 12 to now, you didn't put as much miles... I have a chance to catch u...

Need to ride harder..... LOL

Valves adjustment is every 8000 miles according to manual...

Last edited:
Hey All,

Yes I have actually put miles on the NCX, one big trip last year and another coming up in May, leaving the UK and heading into Mainland Europe for 2 weeks, hope to cover between 2,000 - 3,000 mile - Don't worry, I'll be blogging daily about the trip like I did for Scotland! :)

The Europe trip if you are interested will go from Calais, France to Lake Geneva to start the Route Des Grande Alps for 3-4 days then off back up and East to Austria to Grosslockner and back through Switzerland before heading home! - Updates on my blog! NC700X Adventures | “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.†~ Lao Tzu ~

TURBODIESEL is correct, I purchased mine on the 8th June 2012 and so it's just ticked over the 9 month membership mark - slight electrical corrosion problem though, my oil light flashes and indicators can sometimes take a second or more to turn on when switched so a loom is going to be replaced (I know someone else who has had this done already due to water getting into the electrics).

LA_NC700X - I should be over 21,000 miles by the end of May after the trip, let's ride on! Rider Harder! ;)

Yes the valve's are checked every 8,000 miles, the tolerances of the valves are recorded and sent to Honda for analysis and yes, they are actually adjusted, I watched my mechanic do it! :) I wondered if there will be much need for adjustment this time around though, hence why I'm excited for the results, I can't remember the 8,000 mile results but I will get both from the dealer tomorrow when I pick the bike up and share back on this thread!

I will be blogging for the 16,000 mile service including costs and what I think of the bike so far + problems etc...

"slight electrical corrosion problem though, my oil light flashes and indicators can sometimes take a second or more to turn on when switched so a loom is going to be replaced (I know someone else who has had this done already due to water getting into the electrics)."

Can you elaborate a little more on the corrosion issue? I want to attack this asap!

"slight electrical corrosion problem though, my oil light flashes and indicators can sometimes take a second or more to turn on when switched so a loom is going to be replaced (I know someone else who has had this done already due to water getting into the electrics)."

Can you elaborate a little more on the corrosion issue? I want to attack this asap!

Yes it's from water ingress on the electrical loom connector on the left hand side of the bike underneath the top panels, it's between the connectors within the main connector. Hope that helps?

Thanks! I'll check mine out.

Cool! I know you do a lot of miles right?

I think this really only applies to those that have seen prolonged wet spells of both riding (Long periods in the rain and various temps) and standing around in the rain - but could also happen when washing if the pressure on the hose is high enough!!

Looking forward to hearing from you! :)

I have not done any long distance over night ride at all... Most of my miles are city and canyons around Los Angeles area... Summer is here... Hoping to have long long trips coming up.... :D

Cool! I know you do a lot of miles right?

I think this really only applies to those that have seen prolonged wet spells of both riding (Long periods in the rain and various temps) and standing around in the rain - but could also happen when washing if the pressure on the hose is high enough!!

Looking forward to hearing from you! :)

Most of my miles is commuting, probably 85%. It gets its fair share of rain and cold weather though. I try to take a day rides when time permits.

Yes it's from water ingress on the electrical loom connector on the left hand side of the bike underneath the top panels, it's between the connectors within the main connector. Hope that helps?

Have you tried packing the connector with Silicone dielectric grease?

The chain on this bike... Even those not under recall is junk. Mine has multiple tight spots even though it has been lubed every 500 miles and adjusted when necessary. Now at 9000 and will probably need one soon due to these tight spots.

I forgot to mention... I also changed the pitch of the chain to 525 from 520 - Much smoother!

Curious, I perk my ears up at the 525 pitch changing things, maybe it would diddle the weird harmonic at 3K rpm...

Hmmmm....

Last edited:
Back