• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

8k oil report

Reads like a recommended minimum daily intake levels for minerals. Hmmm, Mr. NCX, there is too much sodium in your diet. Gotta cut down on salt. Also, you need some more calcium and dairy. Perhaps a daily vitamin regiment would help. :p

It's good to know that the oil at 8000 mile interval is well within industry average (based on 3500 miles). Impressive!

How much does the report cost? How do you send them a sample?

I'm using Mobil 1 4T since my 600 mile service and would like to check it at 8000 miles. It would be nice to have all of these reports for various oils stickied somewhere so people could refer to them. Very interesting and thanks for sharing.
Mike

How much does the report cost? How do you send them a sample?

I'm using Mobil 1 4T since my 600 mile service and would like to check it at 8000 miles. It would be nice to have all of these reports for various oils stickied somewhere so people could refer to them. Very interesting and thanks for sharing.
Mike

Ya I was thinking the same thing. Don't have any plans of selling the bike but if you do having oil reports would seal the deal. The kit is sent to you for free on blackstone-labs.com. Once you send it in its $25 for the sample and an extra $10 for the TBN which checks the additive package.

35 dollars definitely seems worth the information and subsequent peace of mind. At my 600 mile service I used pro honda GN4 10w30 and a Honda filter, I will defiantly be sending a sample in for analysis at my 8k mi mark. I have no doubt it will come back just fine but like bug dr. stated, it would be really cool to compare the reports from different oils. It will be some time before I'm there however, just passed the 2.5k mi mark. Thanks for sharing the info! Very cool.

Great report Matthew! You might want to edit the report and remove/black out your name,address, e-mail address and phone number. :cool:

Last edited:
Thank you thank thank you! Ill be doing an oil report on my bike too at the 8k mark. Seems with a quality syn motorcycle oil the 8k interval is just fine for the bike! Maybe due to the low rev engine design and roller rockers?

I do question the universal averages. I can't imaging they have many reports yet, as this is a brand new engine. Maybe they got it from the 700 series bikes?

Last edited:
Thank you thank thank you! Ill be doing an oil report on my bike too at the 8k mark. Seems with a quality syn motorcycle oil the 8k interval is just fine for the bike! Maybe due to the low rev engine design and roller rockers?

I do question the universal averages. I can't imaging they have many reports yet, as this is a brand new engine. Maybe they got it from the 700 series bikes?

I thought the same thing but I'm sure they have a good idea of what type of engine to get their info from. Maybe other two cylinder Honda engines? Hell maybe they are getting the specs from the fit? Not sure all I know if 8k is good im running with it. I used to change the oil in my cbr ever 2500 miles so this will surely help my wallet!

Back