• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OIL LIght PROBLEM 800km on bike

boldor226

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys n girls, have had an issue with my nc700sa. while releasing the clutch to friction point with no revs on a slight incline my oil light flashed three times at me in a row, the fan was on so the oil was hot n thin. I have taken it to my brother who is a mechanic and he said to go though warranty with it but it maybe due to it being fuel injected and it working to well and not stalling. Whilst riding it home after the problem occured the problem reoccured when I was rolling to a stop in third gear using engine braking. The bike must of been in too high of a gear at the time, It had a hissy fit and the engine, oil and temperature light came on whilst running and the revs raised higher to what sounded like 3000rpm. I quickly killed the bike and have taken it to the dealer the next day.
Has anyone else experienced the same thing?????????
The dealer started it up and ran fine and said he will have a closer look tomorrow.
Seems to me like the bike wont stall easily? Does anyone else find this to be the case, I just came off a vtr 1000 firestorm so havent had fuel injection before.:(

The oil pressure at idle is just above the threshold to keep the light off. If you were releasing the clutch without throttle and the revs dropped that could cause the oil light to come on. I wouldn't worry about that.

When the oil and temp lights came on and the revs shot up I would definitely be concerned. Straight to the dealer

Hmm. A classic case of double posting on a same question.

No, I have not had this problem ever with any of my new bikes.
It is probably a bigger job for the warranty.
Good luck.

Joe.

I don't think, the current throttle has any kind of direct connection with the oil temp or oil level. Don't rev it to maximum, gear back before it reaches the red zone ( above ~6000)
If the injection is wrong, you'll see the MIL or F1 lamp on the dash. That means, you have sg wrong with the fuel/air mixture. If you see the oil light - low on oil, or overheated. Must see a dealer under warranty. Do not try to repair.

Once I had my oil light on when I went from one traffic light (1 mile distance) to another, I pulled over and got worried and killed the engine. Few minutes later restarted and light was off , now I put about 600 miles ever since......no problem

I think your bike is fine. To me it sounds like you you almost stalled the motor in both instances. Give it gas when releasing the clutch and either keep downshifting or pull in the clutch when coming to a stop.

Thanks for your help guys, dealer got back to me and said they reproduced the problem and seen what I meant, they told honda about it and said to replace the oil with a thicker oil, if it happens again they would replace the oil pressure switch. dont know if they are masking the problem with the thicker oil as it is not what is reccommended in the owners manual.
Does any one know if the dealer registers a report on any problems that honda dont see as one. Just for back up if it sh*ts it self after the warranty period is up?

Back