• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

repairing scuffs in the powder coat on the frame

DanH

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a couple of small but metal deep scuffs in the powder coat on the frame. Any suggestions on the best way to fix those? I can't find a Honda part number for anything resembling touch up paint.

Powder coating can only be baked on. I think the only way to repair it would be to strip the bike to the frame, grind down the effected area to bare steel, spray the powder on trying to make sure it isnt layred too thick over the old powder and re-bake the frame. I may be wrong though.

But, you might be able to find a close matching matte paint and touch up the area.

Last edited:
I have a couple of small but metal deep scuffs in the powder coat on the frame. Any suggestions on the best way to fix those? I can't find a Honda part number for anything resembling touch up paint.

I searched this forum on "frame paint". The paint code for the frame is in a post by me in this thread: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-general-discussion/1480-usa-700x-frame-paint-code.html

Honda parts listing shows the paint code for the frame in the frame description: FRAME *NH389M* (MAT BULLET SILVER) | Digital silver metallic NHA30M. My guess is the frame color is the first one shown and the Digital Silver is our silver body plastic color.

Order touch up paint this color either from Honda (may or may not be available) or ColorRite (they show the code on their site).

Greg

Last edited:
I am going to try the ColorRite solution and will post some pics with the results in a week or two.

I am going to try the ColorRite solution and will post some pics with the results in a week or two.

Great! Hope it works out for you.

I don't know what kind of applicator you'll chose - probably spray. What I can say is that the touch up paint pens they sell are a joke. It's like trying to paint with a Popsicle stick.

Greg

Back