• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Help for Chain lubing

I cleaned and oiled my chain for the first time last weekend. Used the grunge brush w/kerosene which worked pretty well. Keeping the spray-on lube on the chain was a pain so I'm going to try it too. Just used their "chain size" finder feature and will publish the info in this thread when they reply.

OK, they never replied to the "chain finder" inquiry so I did a little research and found our chain size is 520. Just ordered one with the $3 spray tube kit. Total was less than $20 shipped.

I think I have one of those Loobman oilers in a drawer somewhere. I might just it on the NC and fill it up with Chain-saver.

Don't think I said it was. I said promising. I like that it is simple, cheap, packably small, puts the lube in the right place.
Sorry, bad choice of words on my part.... Just wanted to know your opininon.

Just ordered a Grease Ninja and the $3 Spray Tube Kit. Total was $19.65 shipped. Now what is everyone's opinion on the absolute best canned spray lubricant that I should use with this handy little gadget? Thanks

To play the Devil's advocate: The way I see it I could buy one, almost two, extra cans of chain lube for $20. I highly doubt the over-spray from lubing your chain would equal two full cans during the lifetime of your bike. Just sayin...:eek:

I spray DuPont Chain saver into a cup and then brush it onto a warm chain. Much more efficient than spraying, and cheaper than a special tool.

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

To play the Devil's advocate: The way I see it I could buy one, almost two, extra cans of chain lube for $20. I highly doubt the over-spray from lubing your chain would equal two full cans during the lifetime of your bike. Just sayin...:eek:

Agree.
But often boys will be boys. Gadgets are a nice toy to have.
:p

It looks very usefull, I'm sure it will help to put the lube where it must be.

Anyway, as someone is asking for other options, I'm using this:

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/791-chain-cleaner-greaser-kit.html

and I'm very happy with it. I use it to clean and lube my XT350 (chain upgraded to 520) and to clean from time to time my NC700XA. I'm using now a PDOiler chain oiler in the NC700X and I don't need to lube it, nor to clean so very often.

BTW, the subject in the opening post and who was posting got my eyes absolutelly open, it couldn't be true, Beemer asking for help to lube the chain... LOL

BTW, the subject in the opening post and who was posting got my eyes absolutelly open, it couldn't be true, Beemer asking for help to lube the chain... LOL

You might be surprised at the list of simple tasks that Beemer is incompetent to perform. My father was a rocket scientist at NASA who could not fix a lawn mower. No-one is so ignorant as a smart person, once you get him away from the thing that he is smart about.

Back