• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Off topic starting issues

Hmcp88

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So this has nothing to do with the nc but still think you guys may be able to help. I have this project bike I have built and am having starting issues. Not every time but sometimes when I start the bike the ignition fuse blows. It blew 3 damn fuses this morning before finally starting (only had 4 and was away from home of course). To finally get it to stop blowing fuses I "wiggle" every wire I can find including the ones attached to my autozone start button I have, nothing feels loose. Once she's running there are no issues with the fuse blowing so I am leaning away from a wire grounding out. I want to think its the start button since it only happens at start up, when a grounding wire would act up when riding more because of the movement. I plan on getting a new start button next weekend once I get paid seeing as how I can't find a wire issue yet. Any thoughts?

It's clearly electrical. Either the starter circuit is grounding causing a short or the starter is pulling too much juice and blowing the fuze. Unhook the lead to the starter and run it through a multimeter that shows amp draw. Keep an eye in it while hitting the starter and see how many amps it draws.

Might help if we knew what bike we are talking about and any other electrical mods. Was the new starter switch put in right or hacked in?

Check the wires and make sure non of the insulation has worn through. My CBR was doing something similar, and it turned out to be a wire with a spot of insulation missing that would sometimes turn and and touch the tank, blowing the fuse.

Check the wires and make sure non of the insulation has worn through. My CBR was doing something similar, and it turned out to be a wire with a spot of insulation missing that would sometimes turn and and touch the tank, blowing the fuse.

Was this the same situation where it would not blow riding down the road? Just when starting? And it is a 1995 gsxr1100 that is heavily modified..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back