• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

posting pictures is a pain

mike5100

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a heads-up for admin. I have tried to post some pics on here yesterday and in the end just gave up. I think the restrictions you have placed on how it can be done and what can be posted, in the end discourage people from posting. I put them on the english forum and a Versys forum in a couple of minutes .
No problem if discouraging photos is what you want (or confining them to the gallery), but just thought I would tell you my experience.
Mike

Mike, do tell what the problem is! To physically upload pics? Or what is uploaded?
I got no problems what so ever to upload pictures. You need to understand the procedure, but it is more or less the same for all forum sites there are I guess. I see no problems with this site, so do tell us more about what the problem actually is and maybe we can help you.

MC-muppbild_webb.jpg

I just put the photos into photobucket copy the IMG code then paste it here. This has worked every time so far

+1. Just be sure to not move the pictures into a different album or delete them or someone looking at the thread months form now will see

photo1.jpg

I agree that it is a pain. Why is size restricted when you are posting a link to a URL (Smugmug)? I posted a similar complaint in the Test thread and haven't had any responses so maybe ithe issues I have can be resolved here. I'm not blaming the site, I just need to figure out the best way to post pics. I may have it resolved but it didn't work out when I went back to edit my Riding The Ozarks thread.
Mike

I use the insert image button in the toolbar above, it is a bit slow to upload, but works fine...

I had a few problems about a week ago posting pics. I PM'd Dennis and he had it taken care of in a jiffy.

the best way to post photos is host on a photo sharing/hosting site, such as photobucket or flickr. and copy the image location and paste it here. No mater what happens to the picture on the site, as long as it is not deleted, it will show up here!

Mike, do tell what the problem is! To physically upload pics? Or what is uploaded?
I got no problems what so ever to upload pictures. You need to understand the procedure, but it is more or less the same for all forum sites there are I guess. I see no problems with this site, so do tell us more about what the problem actually is and maybe we can help you.

MC-muppbild_webb.jpg

hey ya not twins are ya lol

if she need a support in choosing I'll come over help her pick the right one!
is it the one on the bike;)

Last edited:
On my droid charge it goes to my files and not my gallery.then i only see a file name so i just email them to myself then post them with lap top.photo bucket won't let me upload for some reason.

I agree that it is a pain. Why is size restricted when you are posting a link to a URL (Smugmug)? I posted a similar complaint in the Test thread and haven't had any responses so maybe ithe issues I have can be resolved here. I'm not blaming the site, I just need to figure out the best way to post pics. I may have it resolved but it didn't work out when I went back to edit my Riding The Ozarks thread.
Mike
That's exactly the point I gave up. Why put a size limit on a URL link? (I had gone to the trouble of uploading them all to a picasa album at a modest 800pxsize and yet this site told me they were too big ..... Eh?
Mike

If you guys are using the 'Insert Image' button, you need to uncheck the 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally' box. If not, this site is responsible for hosting the image, and it would get clogged up soon if everyone were using it to host their images. That's why there is a size restriction.

If you uncheck that box (or just use the bracketed img tag) you can post as large as you like...

8512540775_9a53c69141_b.jpg

At least that's how I understand it to work -- someone correct me if I'm wrong.

trey

Back