• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

steamed up speedo anyone?

mike5100

Reaction score
Visit site
I have searched several forums and can't find anything about this as a problem. If no-one else has got this as an issue, then I think I will get mine replaced under warranty even though there is the chew of having the book record that the mileage was zero'd.
(my speedo steams up in the rain - partcularly once the sun gets on it. I spent some time drying it out with a powerful hair dryer but it came back the next time I wnt out in the damp)
Mike

Mine did it slightly once but never again so I'm not concerned with it.. Gauges are never 100% sealed anyways

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mine has never fogged over. I have ridden in torrential downpours! The only way mine could have been any wetter is to submerge it.

I have searched several forums and can't find anything about this as a problem. If no-one else has got this as an issue, then I think I will get mine replaced under warranty even though there is the chew of having the book record that the mileage was zero'd.
(my speedo steams up in the rain - partcularly once the sun gets on it. I spent some time drying it out with a powerful hair dryer but it came back the next time I wnt out in the damp)
Mike
hard to say how the water got in, be easy with the hose, it is possible it came in from under neath . but once it steams up it will always do that it must be replaced, should not have any warranty problem getting covered, my moto guzzi 1100 did the same thing but i was able to take the gauge apart and repair it and drill a small drain hole in the bottom, to let the fish out. dale

Back