• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Problem!!!.

Nortwestrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had my X for about 3 weeks and 300 miles and on the way home tonight it just didn't feel right.It has a vibration and some mechanical sound coming from the right side of the engine by the head.It's not a loud noise but one that has not been there before.Now when you rev it you hear a vibration and can feel it.It doesn't seem to be down on power but it's not a smooth power like it was.I'm gonna ride it tomorrow and see if it's still there.I thought maybe I fouled a plug but I put a laser heat gun on each cylinder and they were both at about 140 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer!!

Right side engine, cam chain, clutch side.
Any thoughts about dropping the oil and look for metal?
If it fails on a ride may do a lot of damage, but is under warrenty, but a pain if on the side of the road.

Art

Best get it to the dealer as fast as possible - it may be something or nothing but better get it checked out before it has the chance to wreck the engine and leave you off the road for some time.

Chris

I will ride it to work tomorrow and if it's still doing it I will run by the dealer.Kinda sucks because it's my main transportation!!.

There are reports in the spanish forum of failed cam chain tensioners. A couple of them were changed. The rumor is that there is a new tensioner, the 2013 NC700X would have a new part number, but I can't confirm yet.

There are reports in the spanish forum of failed cam chain tensioners. A couple of them were changed. The rumor is that there is a new tensioner, the 2013 NC700X would have a new part number, but I can't confirm yet.

giza link to the Spanish forum ,would mind looking in.

Similar problems known for some cases at german NC forum. Check cam chain immediately. Good luck.

Rode to work this morning and the vib is still there and not sure about the sound ( helmet and balacva on ) but it runs down the road like nothing's wrong.I will talk to the dealer today and take it in this week end.

Sorry to hear that Northwest rider. Hope the dealer can take care of that for you, if it's still under warranty should be no problem money wise but if it is your daily transportation it is a bummer to have a new machine and have mechanicals with it so soon after buying it. Hondas are usually very reliable and I hope nothing serious is going on. Keep us posted.

Oh ya it's under warrenty,it's only 3 weeks old.I hope it's nothing major and I have another " bike" to ride I just need to put in the new fork seals this weekend!.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362195111.191052.jpg

Back