• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Gloves galore

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Hi all
I currently bought a new pair of Held Sting (waterproofs).
Ridden 100km with them. First 60 km, it was pinching my fingers, but I later found it was due to my large wedding ring.
Second ride, they were comfortable.
held sting.jpg

Sounds like a good idea for dry weather. Nobody likes sweaty hands.
I have a pair of "Five" gloves which I normal wear home from work as its usually still quite hot in the late afternoon / early evening. Only had them a couple of weeks now. I wore them once in the morning but found the wind irritating as it was still pretty cool. So now I wear my one pair or normal / winter gloves in the morning but on the ride home from work for me they air intake Fives are a must. I was a actually coming home from work and I stop at a traffic light. The heat was just ridiculous and I decided right then to go get some summer gloves. I just bought the Fives because the fit was good when I tried them on compared to others and I liked them.I wast actually looking for vents just some light gloves. I left the shop, put them on and as I rode away I was like "aaahhhh" absolute bliss. The nice thing is that as you open or flex your hand or stretch your fingers you can let in more air. So now I always have both pairs of gloves with me. If it’s raining I wear the winter gloves.
index2.php5

Gloves are the one thing that I like to buy is person vs. buying online as every glove type/brand fit different. My hand thickness and finger length makes fit a pain for me sometimes. Either too tight around the hand but the fingers are the right length or too long in the fingers and nice fit for the back of the hand. At the end I ended up with these... Joe Rocket GPX 2.0 Gloves :: MotorcycleGear.com

I wear Velocity Gear Exhibition Pro gloves. I got them from the group buy over at ADVrider. They've actually been tested to the CE standard by SATRA, and passed. I would like a gauntlet glove, so next time I'll either buy some of their gauntlet gloves, or else buy some Komodo gloves. Komodo products are worn by a surprising number of AMA racers, and crash very well. :)

I wear a pair of JR Reactor 2.0 gloves or cool days.

418_Reactor_2.0_Glove280.jpg

A pair of Alpinestar SMX-3 Air Gloves for hot weather.

5639_black_1_1.jpg

And I just recently picked up a pair of Klim inversion gloves for cold weather. I am really impressed with the Klims. They are very thin, so I have excellent feel on the controls, but they are really good at blocking the wind so my hands stay warm.

3161-000-L.jpg

I got a pair of Hot Wired heated gloves from Cycle Gear two weeks ago and love them. I ride 44 miles to work one way and live in TN. I rode to work one morning and it was 28 deg. f and only had to put them on medium to stay warm.

I got a pair of these from LeatherUp.com for very little $$:
https://www.leatherup.com/site/product?pid=98113

They are quite comfortable and do adjust with a few miles to more comfortably fit your hands. I've happily ridden in 25 degree F weather with them and some heated grips and been toasty at my destination. Also, they keep out rain and do provide some knuckle padding in case...

I'm happy to use these gloves all the way to the upper 70s and then I can remove the liners (although I have summer gloves that fit better than these without the liners).

The leather is actually quite good (and I'm VERY picky about my leathers).

I liked the quality of the leather and the construction enough that I just bought the same brand of leather jacket with liner and pads too. That comes in on Friday. I'll report back.

Cheers-
J.

Back