• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question About Subharness

Bug Dr.

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a subharness hooked up but nothing plugged into it yet.

1) Is it safe to run 55W halogen lights, charger, gps and heated grips at the same time with everything plugged into the subharness?

2) Should I have in-line fuses in place with each electric gadget?

3) Is the 7.5A fuse and one relay large enough to handle all of that electircal load at once? It just doesn't seem large enough to me but I'm just an entomologist.

Thanks,
Mike

You state 55W lights (as two) those alone are going to draw 9-10 amp, heated grips about 3.50 amps.....................so the 7.5 amp circuit would or should be OK for all except the (2) 55w lights.

They would need their own circuit, fused, best to relay operated etc

So, I guess the three pin connector of the subharness is for LED lights only? Those will have to wait for now. I bought cheap 55W halogens just to have more frontal light during the daytime.
Thanks for your reply. I'm going to buy either a relay or a fuse block.....probably a relay.
Mike

So, I guess the three pin connector of the subharness is for LED lights only? Those will have to wait for now. I bought cheap 55W halogens just to have more frontal light during the daytime.
Thanks for your reply. I'm going to buy either a relay or a fuse block.....probably a relay.
Mike

Probably both a fuse block and a relay to control power to the block (that would switch the power off to the block with key off)........... and possible another relay to control the lights...........several ways this can be done

Back