• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Front wheel free play

Texican88

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy,

So my bike has been in the garage for the winter and I went out this morning to give the front wheel a spin since I didn't want the same part of the tire on the concrete the entire off season (bike is on center stand).

What I noticed was that there was no free play in the front wheel, and while it could move, there was some resistance. Is this typical? I was expecting it to just roll along like bicycle. Has my front brake seized up? Will something release when I put the key in the ignition?

Let me know if you can enlighten me.

Thanks.

It will have some tension seeing as how the brake pads are only millimeters off of the rotor. I would try riding it down the road and hitting the brakes a few times to see if it frees up any. Especially if the bike is new, everything is tight from the factory and a wheel will never free spin like a bicycle because of the brakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back