• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Electronic tinting inserts for faceshields - very cool

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Akari AX-11 : AMI Powersports, Akari Motorcycle Visor Insert, Clear Ride Anti Fog Visor, Motorcycle Helmets

index-main.png

Auto tinting faceshield insert! If the reviews are good I do want. My commute to work and back is right into the sun, both ways. Directly 7:30 am East and 5:00pm West. I've doubled up with a helmet with a sunshade and a faceshield insert with dark tint.

I want one!
Make that 2.
:p

One question: what happens if I am zapped by some laser gun or radar gun? Or some strong magnetic field? Hmm....gotta call Ironman first to ask him.

From the FAQ:

The insert cell utilizes a tiny amount of a dyed liquid crystal mixture. This liquid will leak if the seal is broken and may be hazardous to humans and domestic animals if it is ingested or comes into contact with the skin and eyes. FIRST AID: CONTACT WITH SKIN: Remove the excess of material and affected area with soap and water. IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. IF INGESTED: Rinse mouth with water. IF INHALED: Move person into fresh air.

Bell, who have come back into making helmets again, have an optional auto tinting shield for several of their helmets that works the same way as eye glasses.

does this spring to mind Rocker and you guys!!
[video=youtube_share;7o5itMLK-vQ]http://youtu.be/7o5itMLK-vQ[/video]

Last edited:
Sounds cool, but for now I'll stick with the drop-down sunshade in my HJC IS-MAX. It's there when I need it, and out of the way when I don't. It even helps at sun up and sundown, along with the top edge of the helmet's viewport, if I'm being honest...

Back