• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700x Lowering Links

My husband lowered mine 1.5" in the front and rear.
I went from barely tippy toeing the bike to
sitting comfortably flatfooted.
Soupys Performance makes an adjustable link.

I just finished posting a moan on the UK forum when I opened this one to see this thread about lowering the bikes to suit different sized riders. I do not understand why bike companies cannot be bothered to provide for some very simple and basic adjustments - seat height being the most obvious.

A modern car has fore and aft adjustment of the seat, height adjustment, variable back rest plus usually the ability to change the angle of the seat squab and the amount of leg/thigh support provided.

There's no real reason why bikes should be any different - it would just take a little bit of thought from the designers.

I just finished posting a moan on the UK forum when I opened this one to see this thread about lowering the bikes to suit different sized riders. I do not understand why bike companies cannot be bothered to provide for some very simple and basic adjustments - seat height being the most obvious.

A modern car has fore and aft adjustment of the seat, height adjustment, variable back rest plus usually the ability to change the angle of the seat squab and the amount of leg/thigh support provided.

There's no real reason why bikes should be any different - it would just take a little bit of thought from the designers.

while that may be a simple and awesome idea, i'm afraid that would send prices thru the roof. not to mention more bits and parts to go wrong.
what if there is a malfunction of the seat and it ejects you, or drops you an inch mid corner?
thats why there is an aftermarket market. :)

There are bikes with adjustable seat height. IIRC some BMW and Yamaha models have this feature. I haven't heard of anyone who makes a fore and aft adjustment however. At any rate, height adjustment for the seat can and has been done, but the feature is pretty rare.

Bob

Welcome Chris, and yup, exactly. The amount of parts and materials to make a seat be able to raise/lower, forward/backward by an inch (at the least) is the simplest thing in the world when designing the bike, and if done correctly (ie: someone smart and not an idiot gets the job) there should not even be a single extra penny spent for this feature.

Motorcycle manufacturers are still in the Dark Ages when it comes to the tiniest thought towards ergonomic help with 99% of their bike lineup, and that's just sad.

Last edited:
while that may be a simple and awesome idea, i'm afraid that would send prices thru the roof. not to mention more bits and parts to go wrong.
what if there is a malfunction of the seat and it ejects you, or drops you an inch mid corner?
thats why there is an aftermarket market. :)

Well not to be contrary, but not at all!

For example, the Yamaha Super Tenere has a little piece of plastic under the driver's seat section. All one has to do to raise or lower the seat, is to flip the piece of plastic upside down, or right side up, before clipping the seat back on. It's foolproof, works awesome.

Honda has it's CBF600 and CBF1000 bikes with adjustable seat heights, and all they do, is have a couple different bolt positions. Forward and the seat is forward and low, middle and the seat is higher and back, upper and the seat is furthest back and tallest position.

Their handlebars are even adjustable a wee bit.

IMHO it's stuff like this that the manufacturers should be fighting amongst themselves to economically produce to make biking more enjoyable to as many people as possible.

Can you imagine car manufacturers having seats where the driver could not reach the pedals,thus alienating a large percentage of people. They are not as stupid as bike manufacrurers.It is about time they realised that they could increase their sales considerably if their bikes had adjustable riding positions.

Back