• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Too many sub-forums?

Cagedodger

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to lead with the understanding that I'm a big fan of organization and order. That being said, it really feels like the forum has way, way too many sub-forums. I love my bike and I love hearing about other enthusiasts new experiences and experiments. I do not like the process of having to click through so many sub-forums to keep up to date. Checking into this forum requires a lot of clicking around. This isn't so bad when I'm at my desktop at home but if I'm using a mobile device it can get tedious really quickly.

The real problem is that when browsing the different sub-forums, I often see the same thread subjects repeated across completely different sub-forums.

Are there any other members that want a little condensing of the sub-forums or am I just OCD?

I just normally go to the forum tab then hit the NEW POSTS button, it brings up only the things I haven't read and that are the "new posts". Why not let the machine do the heavy lifting. Click the last number on a new post thread and you'll go to the last page of that thread, or set it up to give you the last post first in order.

I agree the forum can be cleaned up. Those sub-forums with little posts should be shut down. The posts can be moved. However running the forum is a thankless and tedious job. Kudos to the Admin and Mods.
:D

I just normally go to the forum tab then hit the NEW POSTS button, it brings up only the things I haven't read and that are the "new posts". Why not let the machine do the heavy lifting. Click the last number on a new post thread and you'll go to the last page of that thread, or set it up to give you the last post first in order.

That certainly does make it easier, but only when signed in. I don't always sign in, especially if I'm not on my home computer.

Administrating a forum is a thankless job, and I'm not trying to criticize. So Admin and Mods, Thank You! I can't help but wonder if it would be easier to tend to with fewer sub-forums, though.

I hang out in a couple dozen forums and this one seems great to me.
Some like the HD, Strom and ADV forums are veritable Byzantine labyrinths.

So how about we divide the tire forum into radial, bias, dirt and street subforums. ;)

Maybe I am missing something? I usually just go to the home page and the most recent 40 or so posts are there. If logged in the new ones are highlighted, but if not logged in they are still there. The date of most recent post to each thread is displayed and I usually know about when I was last on line for what is new even if not logged on.

Back