• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to remove bar ends ??.

Nortwestrider

Reaction score
Visit site
How do you remove the inner ( inside the handle bars ) part of the factory bar ends ??.I am trying to install hand guards and need to remove the inner part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should come out a lot easier if the clip is released, with a small screw driver or punch release the clip top and bottom then turn the inner bar end and pull out with hand pressure:

IMG_2074.JPGIMG_2075.JPG

Last edited:
Should come out a lot easier if the clip is released, with a small screw driver or punch release the clip top and bottom then turn the inner bar end and pull out with hand pressure:

You do have to release the clip for it to come out at all, not just "easier", and you have to hold the top and bottom clips compressed while you twist or pull the weight out. Otherwise they return to the locked position. As far as "hand pressure", have you done this, or is this "book learning"? They are removed with great difficulty. When trying to spin them out with the end-weight didn't work, I got them out with a 2 lb. slide hammer while the handlebar was fixed in a vice.

You do have to release the clip for it to come out at all, not just "easier", and you have to hold the top and bottom clips compressed while you twist or pull the weight out. Otherwise they return to the locked position. As far as "hand pressure", have you done this, or is this "book learning"?

YES.........done this many other bikes ( for years and nothing to do with book learning ) but not yet on the NC (no need) and the trick, lube like WD-40 sprayed in the the bar works wonders for the hand pressure after the clips are released.

Does anyone have any feedback on the handlebar vibrations before and after removing this weight? I suspect that they'd be a lot more noticeable.

I'm also curious as to which hand guards need that removed to fit up.

As far as I can tell all aftermarket WRAP around hand gaurds will need the inner bits removed. I think I will cut down the bar ends and use them as a spacer for the gaurds..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back