• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

full exhaust system

you should get a hold of bazzaz there looking for a bike to make a controller, there in chino ,, and it would run poorly with out some type of fuel controller. dale

Hi all!
I'm just thinking to add the full Leovince exhaust system on my bike but I have the same dubt about the fuel adjustment....

Please let me know if you chenge the exhaust and/or you can have some tests on dyno! ;)

What's the difference with just a slip-on as compared to a full system?

For the experiences I had with my old bikes: the slip-on with db-killer it's just for sound and/or esthetic where the catalytic is is not integrated on the original one. The full exhaust is a real modification because it real change the escarpment system but sometimes it requires a fuel modification in order to get the best result. It depends on the bike and to be sure a dyno tests is required.

I'm really curios to test/understand how our NC will change with full exhaust... ;)

I reckon you are missing the point of this Honda. Just get rid of it and get a more powerful bike. Just don't expect the same fuel consumption !

Ok, if you can do better than the worlds top motorcycle manufacturer, I will be delighted to hear the detail. Best of luck !

I agee that you can improve the NC in many ways just ask Lee. However if I wanted a faster sportier bike then that's exactly what I would buy. Personally I'm not keen on aftermarket exhausts if they are louder than standard as this gives more ammunition to the anti motorcycle brigade

For the experiences I had with my old bikes: the slip-on with db-killer it's just for sound and/or esthetic where the catalytic is is not integrated on the original one. The full exhaust is a real modification because it real change the escarpment system but sometimes it requires a fuel modification in order to get the best result. It depends on the bike and to be sure a dyno tests is required.

I'm really curios to test/understand how our NC will change with full exhaust... ;)

I am really curious about that too but one thing I think will happen in my opinion is that the fuel consumption will go up. Which is why I purchase this bike for it's excellent fuel economy. And with most slip-on/full exhaust system, most will shift its powerband to lower or mid range and robs the top end. But that's just my opinion based on my limited experience.

A guy on the UK forum has recently fitted an aftermarket can and states that his fuel consumption has gone up. He thinks that it maybe because he is using the throttle more so that he can hear the sound of the new can

That's a very interesting point! I have a VFR-750-R with a full system. The bike sounded like a small block V8. I would rev and double clutch the bike just to hear and feel the performance. When I switch to an ulta quiet ST-1300, I figure what's the use reving it just ride. I get very consistent mileage figures. When you rev a quiet bike it's just not that exciting.

That's a very interesting point! I have a VFR-750-R with a full system. The bike sounded like a small block V8. I would rev and double clutch the bike just to hear and feel the performance. When I switch to an ulta quiet ST-1300, I figure what's the use reving it just ride. I get very consistent mileage figures. When you rev a quiet bike it's just not that exciting.

I tend to agree with you however whilst to many motorcyclist and some 4 wheel petrol heads this sound like a beautiful piece of music sadly to the vast majority of the general public it is just a loud and often unwelcome noise.

I tend to agree with you however whilst to many motorcyclist and some 4 wheel petrol heads
this sound like a beautiful piece of music sadly to the vast majority of the general public it is just a loud and often unwelcome noise.

For me it's more important for a nice tone and not excessive noise.
I think it's a good thing for cagers to hear you without going over the top and annoying them
Dropping a few pounds and adding a few hp are icing on the cake.

Back