• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Comparison to Versus and BMW Sport Scooter

hahaha you call that a city?Those machines quaite useless in rest of the world.Bmw is useless in the city.There is all lots of danger for this bike.Buses cars traffic jam.Where you scrap your sides,those bike are too big for city use.and expansive.Not all the world is like california.big road few cars.Just in my city 20 millin people living.imagine tokyo madrid and other places.Totally useless comparison.
and versys is a good bike i agree.but not better than nc700 oly advantage is the rev range.But its engine will less durable than nc700.Durability is important in commuting

Kind of hard to have a serious discussion about the NC without mentioning mpg's and cost. Also, why does every reviewer act like there's no manual transmission NC?

Thanks for the link, though. Definitely made me think a bit more about the Versys. That probably would have been a genuine contender if I'd known about it.

Kind of hard to have a serious discussion about the NC without mentioning mpg's and cost. Also, why does every reviewer act like there's no manual transmission NC?
I know! It's annoying! The manual gear box version is a great bike that truly compares or competes with even the highest-end bikes. I see the coolness and advantage of the DCT. But the manual transmission version is a true city motorcycle! And I'd venture it compares quite nicely to the Versys.

The kawa is about 1500chf more than the NCX and it drinks petrol like an old school motorcycle. And it is out of fashion design, really.
:p

I'll tell you what gets on my nerves about these reviews besides what has already been mentioned. They often mention that the NC is best suited only with the DCT because the power band is too short for folks to be shifting gears without winding out to 8000 RPM like can be done with a standard motorcycle design; and it's best to get the automatic and let the DCT handle it.

I see the same thing all the time when reading reviews about diesel cars, pickups, etc. They act as if it is a real struggle to shift gears with a shorter power band. I've got a diesel car with a standard 5-speed. It is an absolute joy to drive. Torque peaks at only 1800 RPM and starts to fall off at 2400. It's best to shift at around 2800, and then after you apply the fuel after the shift, you're starting back at around 1800-1900 staying at max torque and the turbo is on boost at all times. Response is always at it's max. There is no hesitation waiting for a downshift to get performance like in a automatic gas guzzler. It's always ready to respond in any gear at any time. There is nothing negative about this whatsoever. If I want to shift quickly, then I'll apply more fuel and it rev quickly requiring quick shifts, but if I want to shift more slowly, I just back off the accelerator. It's that simple. It's not hard, difficult, or aggravating at all. I think these reviews must come from race-inspired individuals who prefer to hear the engine screaming to get performance.

I don't yet own a 700, but I'm going to and it's going to be a standard. It'll be the equivalent of a diesel car in the MC world, and that's perfect. That's what I want. Torque low down. To me, it's a joy to drive/ride this way.

Last edited:
Another brilliant thing... I'm just trying to imagine any of you... regardless of the number... together...

- "Hey, finally! Let's ride together. So many bikes. It's gonna be superb ride.
- Yeah, cool! But first let's pack pizza in the trunks!"

[video=youtube;XZxzJGgox_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxzJGgox_E[/video]

Well, scripted review a bit. Just ignore that the nc has the factory cases as well. I see what they were trying to get at, and from sole fun, versys is the more sporty bike. I always ponder about the need to wind up bikes being manditory as well. I prefer bottom end torque myself. Sure first can be a bit short, but the ability to just pull in second is so nice.

Back