• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

oil light

widowmaker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi people, still going strong.
Yesterday I saw something and I don't think it used to do this - maybe I'm just tired...

You know when the idiot lights come on when you turn the key and then they die and only the N light stays on, I can't remember my oil light also staying on and it is making me worried. It goes off as soon as you start the engine though and stays off.

What does yours do please? Or a youtube vid that they show the process?

I think mine stays on until the engine starts.i checked my oil because of this.then found out it goes off.

The oil light is supposed to come on any time it is energized and there isn't oil pressure. So therefore it should stay on until the engine is started. After changing the oil it will stay on a few seconds longer while the engine gets oil pressure up

The light comes on when there is no pressure. When you first switch on the ignition, there is no pressure, thus, the light. If the light is on when the engine is running......then you have a BIG problem.
So, you are good to go. Although, maybe a little tired. Lol.

Back