• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Suits

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
1 or 2 piece armored suits. I know of alpine stars, but what other brands are out there that are top quality. Sub $1500 is my ceiling price. I want the best to keep me protected.

Must do:

Designed to fit over general cloths, like jeans, shorts, t-shirt.

Waterproof (as close to as possible)

Ventilate for hot summer riding. I don't ride below 50F. I know I may need seperate warm/hot riding gear.

I commute a lot when weather cooperates. And with long distance multi-day traveling planned for summer. I want to remain as safe as possible while being comfortable.

Thanks for your help.

I use REV'IT! and am very pleased. I commuted with 2 piece gear for a year...slid on the grass and dirt for 30 seconds back in November...only thing needing replacement were the gloves.

Check out the Aerostitch suits. They do custom fit with a lot of great features for the amount of money you are talking about. Also MotorcycleGear.com carries a lot of closeout quality stuff that might fit the bill for less $$$ and they really honor their return policies. They like happy customers.

I too use a REV'IT 2 piece suit. Has a zip out liner that I take out for warm weather and keep it in for cooler weather. It's good into the 50's on it own or with thermals depending on what clothes you are wearing under it. Im pleased with it. Anything less than say mid 40's for me and the heated jacket liner goes in. So for what you ride it should suit you! HaHa!

I have a Teiz 1-piece. It's been a good suit for the couple/few months I've owned it. Good armor coverage EXCEPT that there is no hip armor of any kind in the model I have. Very adjustable in terms of tightening or loosening the arms, lower legs, and waist (and this of course also adjusts how well-fitting the armor is). The suit I have is made of genuine DuPont Cordura. I believe they offer one with some SuperFabric in certain high-abrasion areas (I thought they did?), and I know the owner has been seriously considering making a Kevlar suit. I haven't ever owned a motorcycle 'suit' before, so don't have much comparison for you. I bought this one second-hand in new condition (P.O. had it for a month or three and decided he didn't like 1-piece suits).

Last edited:
I have an Aerostich Roadcrafter one piece suit. Construction is top notch and the fit is perfect for my shape. It has very comfortable pads that flex and won't rub your skin after a long day on the bike. The customer service at Aerostich is second to none and that plays a large part in my overall satisfaction. However, the next suit I buy will be a two piece Roadcrafter. I would like to be able to shed the jacket when stopped, especially when eating. When eating, for instance, it is a PITA to pull the top of the suit back on to go to the bathroom, refill drinks, go to the salad bar, etc.... I typically ride in shorts and riding boots so I don't usually fully remove the suit when indoors. It would be nice to leave the pants on and take the jacket off.

I would highly recommend Aerostich products.
Mike

Olympia Motorsports is my brand. Love it.
+1 Olympia Motorsports gear is well made. The armour is the top quality. For instance, instead of getting a foam pad for the back, you get "Removable CE approved Motion Flex articulated back protector". The attention to details is great too. You'll pay slightly more for this jacket, but the quality is there too.

I have the previous version of the Nomad All Season Transition Jacket. I'd seriously consider another if it ever needs replacing.

What I like about it, is the waterproofing is not in the outer layer. It is in a windbreaker that can be worn separately from the outer shell. That windbreaker can also use a quilted liner that zips into it. It's nice to stop somewhere and take off the outer heavy layer, and then walk into the store with just a windbreaker on. That windbreaker can also be treated to renew the waterproofing. I have no idea how you'd do that on a jacket where the waterproofing layer is built into the jacket somewhere.

With a separate windbreaker like this, the vents open directly to your body. You get direct cooling. The "mega vent panel" system they have means large panels on the front and rear of the jacket unzip and tuck away leaving you with a mesh jacket.

It's expensive. But what you get is a very versatile jacket that I've used in temperatures in the 20's and to 100F. Other jackets would work for only a couple seasons...and so you'd end up buying two jackets to do what this one jacket will do.

I like the idea of a one-piece suit...but my body is not a one-piece size. Buying a two-piece jacket allows you to buy something that fits for the legs and the torso without extensive modifications.

Chris

Last edited:
Stich all the way for me!!.I have a 10 year old Dareien jacket and it's still 100% waterproof and I ride everyday in Seattle.You have to wash/treat it about once a year but Gore tex is amazing stuff !!!.

What do you wear for hot summer rides? ( above 86F or 30C ) I have a Forcefield L2 back protector, summer jacket with built-in elbow and shoulder protectors. Trousers with strap-on knee protectors are really warm - and it is a summer version, also the jacket. Both have removable linings but sometimes I feel like being in a sauna.
What about protectoir suits just like these ones? Are they only for off-road rides?
97947.jpg

I just ordered THIS.
Good protection and under $400.
It's my first and it seemed to offer some skin protection.
Weather is a plus but not primary.

Tourmaster is good stuff.I ran it for many years,the only problem is there waterproof liner will tear at some point( maybe it's because I used it everyday for 5 years!!).I won't buy gear with waterproof liners anymore ( except boots,not really a choice ) For ME,it's Goretex only for now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back