• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adjusting the shift lever

ShipofFools

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got an NC700x and I love it, but the only thing that bothers me is the position of the shift lever. It seems to be adjusted too low from the factory and I really have to contort my foot to upshift. Does anyone know how to adjust it?

Just got an NC700x and I love it, but the only thing that bothers me is the position of the shift lever. It seems to be adjusted too low from the factory and I really have to contort my foot to upshift. Does anyone know how to adjust it?

Setting all the controls to match the rider is important on a new machine.

For the shifter, loosen the locknuts on both ends of the tierod in the shifter linkage. One nut is left hand thread, so study the threads to determine which it is, as I don't remember which is which. Once the nuts are backed off, rotate the tie rod in the direction you need to set the pedal where you want, then tighten the locknuts to 7 ft-lbs.

Major adjustment might require sliding the linkage off the gearshift shaft that goes into the transmission, and slipping it one spline in the direction you desire.

Greg

Setting all the controls to match the rider is important on a new machine.

For the shifter, loosen the locknuts on both ends of the tierod in the shifter linkage. One nut is left hand thread, so study the threads to determine which it is, as I don't remember which is which. Once the nuts are backed off, rotate the tie rod in the direction you need to set the pedal where you want, then tighten the locknuts to 7 ft-lbs.

Major adjustment might require sliding the linkage off the gearshift shaft that goes into the transmission, and slipping it one spline in the direction you desire.

Greg
Thanks a lot! Got it.

Back