• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Storage box hinge?

Drifter

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone switched the hinge from rear to front? Seems a bit strange being on the rear...if it comes loose while riding your going to get slapped pretty hard!! The trunk lid on my car is hinged the opposite, imagine if the hinge was this way......kinda hard to get into.

Anyone switched the hinge from rear to front? Seems a bit strange being on the rear...if it comes loose while riding your going to get slapped pretty hard!! The trunk lid on my car is hinged the opposite, imagine if the hinge was this way......kinda hard to get into.

Say you come to an unexpected stop. Say the latch pops or isn't closed securely, and the lid gets swung open due to forward momentum.

What is the first thing your sternum, stomach, or wedding tackle will likely impact? The narrow cross section of the trunk lids leading edge. If the lid doesn't glance off up or down, but gets hit straight on, it would prove a very stiff and painful edge I imagine. Picture the typical Karate chop shape of a hand, with stiffened fingers.

Ouch :p

I've ridden with the lid unlatched quite a bit and it doesn't even think about flying open. It's very "quiet" down that low.

Twice I have forgot to latch the lid and at over 70 it has flown open. Tap on the chest to let me know I need to push it shut. No harm done.

Tony

Twice I have forgot to latch the lid and at over 70 it has flown open. Tap on the chest to let me know I need to push it shut. No harm done.

Tony

I've been lucky then...that's what my wife says all the time!!! With the knobkey I made yesterday, I won't be leaving it unlatched anymore.

Back