• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Center Stand

I know how you feel because of similar circumstances. But in this case I don't giving Honda my money for some of the accessories. This IS an inexpensive bike and one reason is that they cut corners (ie: centerstand). That being said I will gladly sell Honda back their POS seat!!!! lol

I'm going to have to agree with searsboy here. The honda center stand can be purchased online for a buck fifty. The only aftermarket one I know of is over two hundred. Besides the more honda products I can get the better because if anyone knows what fits and how it fits the best it's honda.

Some center stands are not expected to support the bike if you sit on it while in use. Honda dealer said that theirs would hold up with rider sitting on it no problem. It is substantial and even though I had to wait 2 months for it to come in, it was worth the wait.

The Honda stand is $117 shipped anywhere in the US so the price is alright; it's certainly cheaper than aftermarket. The stand is well made and easy to use. I do have issue with it not being included with the bike, but I was aware of that before I made the bike purchase and factored it in.

I guess it was left off the bike because if you think about it, other than fenders and bodywork, it's really the only item you can leave off the bike to cut costs and still have it usable and legal.

Greg

Last edited:
Some center stands are not expected to support the bike if you sit on it while in use. Honda dealer said that theirs would hold up with rider sitting on it no problem.

Huh...
You know, the possibility that a/the center stand wouldn't be strong enough to tolerate me getting on the bike before pushing it off the stand never even occurred to me. Guess I got lucky that I got the Honda stand! :)
The way I generally take off from parked is to get on the bike while it's on the stand, start it up, put it in gear, stand up on the pegs and give a sort of 'shove' forward to make it fall forward off the center stand, then ease out the clutch and ride away. I don't even have to put a foot down (most of the time... ;) ). The Honda dealer I bought the bike from showed me this 'trick.'

+1 on procaliber. ed is accurate with price and free shipping. mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow!

Hey 670cc,
Where did you see the stand for $117.00. That's a little better than $150.00.
Thanks for the comeback.
RStone

I bought mine at Procaliber.com.

Last edited:
I got my stock Honda centerstand shortly after getting the bike, put it on, and the first time I rolled it off the stand, the little end of the bolt that holds the spring broke off. Had to take it back off and go to dealer so they can order another bolt. So far, that's about the 30th thing gone wrong in 2 weeks and 120 miles.

I got my stock Honda centerstand shortly after getting the bike, put it on, and the first time I rolled it off the stand, the little end of the bolt that holds the spring broke off. Had to take it back off and go to dealer so they can order another bolt. So far, that's about the 30th thing gone wrong in 2 weeks and 120 miles.

Have you been breaking a lot of mirrors lately?

Have you been breaking a lot of mirrors lately?

Very funny. No, I've never broken a mirror in my life. A couple of picture frames, maybe. But picture frame with the ex in it doesn't count, does it? It just seems like I got the one lemon that Honda made this year, and the most incompetent dealer to go with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an SW Motech centre stand. Actually easier to fit than the Honda stand as it bolts on directly without having to loosen the muffler which I believe you have to do with the Honda stand.

If you have smallish hands or even medium sized hands, then nope, you do not have to remove the muffler bolt. I did it that way and also used locktite.

I have an SW Motech centre stand. Actually easier to fit than the Honda stand as it bolts on directly without having to loosen the muffler which I believe you have to do with the Honda stand.

The only real reason loosening the muffler on the Honda stand install would be necessary is to properly tighten the spring mount bolt with a torque wrench/socket instead of a box or open end wrench. I doubt many people are doing the torque wrench. I didn't :eek:.

Greg

Back