• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My trip meter won't reset

MZ5

Reaction score
Visit site
Filled up with fuel yesterday on the way home, and the trip meter won't reset. When I pressed and held the "B" button, it eventually switched on the brightness adjustment, which is only supposed to happen when holding both "A" and "B" for a few seconds. So, not sure what's up, but it's kinda like the "A" button is 'stuck.' It doesn't feel stuck, though, and seems to work properly when pressed on its own.

Any troubleshooting thoughts? It'll go to the dealer if it doesn't 'snap out of it' pretty quickly.

I had trouble with this too at the gas station. To reset trip meter the bike must be runing. Otherwise the controls do exactly as you stated, change brightness levels.

Is this right?
I do not remember having to run the bike while reseting the trip meter.
I remember just pressing the button a short time (say 2-3 seconds) and then the meter is reset.
???

I've had a little trouble with mine too...or should I say it's had trouble with ME!!!! My problem is that I try to use the left button to reset...never had a vehicle with two buttons!!! Once I've hit that left button and hold it, it wants to change brightness, etc. If I remember to use the right button only it works like a charm! I'm a slow learner, but eventually I'll get used to it!!!
BTW: Mine doesn't have to be running to reset.

Well, guess I'm not the only one! Thanks for the replies, fellas. I'll try another reset at the next fuel-up. I did initially try to reset with the engine off, which I _thought_ I'd done before, but perhaps I hadn't. I did then try with the engine running, too, so I don't think that was the (only) issue. Anyway, we'll see how she decides to behave this coming week. :)

I have the same problem but on last reset I may have figured it out. Don't touch the right button until at leas 15 to 30 seconds has gone by since you touched the left button.

Filled up with fuel yesterday on the way home, and the trip meter won't reset. When I pressed and held the "B" button, it eventually switched on the brightness adjustment, which is only supposed to happen when holding both "A" and "B" for a few seconds. So, not sure what's up, but it's kinda like the "A" button is 'stuck.' It doesn't feel stuck, though, and seems to work properly when pressed on its own.

Any troubleshooting thoughts? It'll go to the dealer if it doesn't 'snap out of it' pretty quickly.

Thanks for starting this thread. I too have experienced some strange behavior with the trip reset. Sometimes I leave the gas station wondering why in the heck it won't reset. Last time, I even broke out the manual. Frustrating. Thanks to all the replys we all now have something to try when it happens again.

WGW

I rode over 400 miles this weekend, which means I reset the trip meter twice. I'm getting used to only pushing the B button and it works as it should! I leave mine in the "trip A" mode almost all the time, so there's no reason to press the A button!

I rode over 400 miles this weekend, which means I reset the trip meter twice. I'm getting used to only pushing the B button and it works as it should! I leave mine in the "trip A" mode almost all the time, so there's no reason to press the A button!

IF it gets frozen like reported above - cycle through using the A button and it frees it up.

OK so the left button is the A button. But I cycle through and it still won't reset. The A button is the one you hold down to reset the trip right. BTW I love the clip that holds the owners manual in place that thing is pretty trick.

Got it. Cycle through A (left button) wait 15 seconds and then hold down B (right button). Wahla! Thanks! I was actually going to take it back to the dealer cause of this... LOL. So happy I did not.

It's like someone else mentioned that it seems like the A button is stuck because it was going straight into the brightness adjustments.

Thanks again.

Back